CycleOps Pro400 users?

J-V

Nov 3, 2003
Anybody out there using the new-ish Pro400 indoor cycle from CycleOps? I am, and am seeing some odd speed data intermittently. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any irregular data from the unit, particularly speed data? If viewing an activity in PowerAgent you might have to turn off smoothing in order to see what I'm seeing, that is, spikes in speed (+10 to 60 mph) about every 60 seconds. It's very brief, but it does affect data, especially if you are doing a workout using Target Slope, and you know what your time 'should be'.

Also, just as an FYI out there, for any users using Workouts created in PowerAgent for training or testing, note that the Joule only takes into account rider weight, and disregards bike weight. Thus, if you are (for example) doing a hillclimb TT effort where you know what a given wattage performance typically equates to in time, you will be going too 'fast', due to the Joule not taking into account bike weight. Add your bike weight to your rider weight data, and the calculation should perform as one would expect. And yes, I confirmed this with Saris tech support.

Anyway, thanks for any input out there,

Jeff

. I have the pro400 and have not seen the speed error. I use cycling peaks so not sure if I should see the errors? BTW...I love this trainer!! I only use target power workouts, not slope. It's a great ergometer...I just finished a 2x30m workout which probably would have turned into a tempo workout if I didn't have this trainer.Â