Cycleway frm Engadine to Waterfall?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by FREDBLACK, Apr 12, 2006.

1. FREDBLACK

FREDBLACK New Member

Hi all

I was told last week that a cycleway existed along the Princes highway between Engadine and Waterfall. I tried to make a distinction between a cycleway and a shoulder, but still they insisted. The RTA cyclway maps do not show any such cycleway, nor does the street directory. Does anyone have a clue about this? if yes, from where can I get onto this cycleway?

thanks all
    F

Tags:

2. MPCRUSHER

MPCRUSHER New Member

There is no cycleway. Only a shoulder. It is a great place to ride however, heaps of riders use it. At waterfall turn left and ride through the national park back to sutherland. Good hills.

3. FREDBLACK

FREDBLACK New Member

Thanks mate. ill try that. hope i dont get run by some angry motorist racing the princes highway. another question. Is there civilisation along the nation park route you mentioned above? would hate to get thirsty or hungry, or break down and not be able to find any assistance there?

thanks again

4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Theres a shopping centre and a Macca's (at Heathcote ?) a few k before the turnoff at waterfall. If you ride thru the national park to stanwell tops, there's usually an icecream truck. You can stop enjoy the view and watch the hand gliders for a while, then loop back to the princess highway and back to Macca's. So you won't die of starvation!

This is the route that the Gong ride took in 2005.