General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

cycling

Started by Adrian Godwin · · Last activity · 190 posts · 4,545 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 July 2005
Last activity
27 July 2005
Original author
Adrian Godwin
Posts
190
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,545
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–80 of 190
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  2. Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  3. Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  4. Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  5. Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  6. Phil Cook <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Phil Cook said:

    Of course! You can't ride a £1500 (1990 prices) racing iron in
    anything but lycra unless you want to look ridculous.

    £1500 for a *bike*?!!???!!%%$$??
    You could have got one with an engine for that!

    It's a bit like a Bee Emm in comparison to a Cinqueccento. It goes
    where you put it in the corners and goes like stink if you stamp on
    the pedals - or it would if I was as fit as I was when I bought it.

    It was a pleasure to ride it today. Normally it just sits in the spare
    room collecting dust.

    My 'racing' bike cost about 30 quid in 1950. ;-)
    If my parents had paid about £1470 more I might have won something!
    --
    Gordon Harris

  7. Phil Cook <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Phil Cook said:

    Of course! You can't ride a £1500 (1990 prices) racing iron in
    anything but lycra unless you want to look ridculous.

    £1500 for a *bike*?!!???!!%%$$??
    You could have got one with an engine for that!

    It's a bit like a Bee Emm in comparison to a Cinqueccento. It goes
    where you put it in the corners and goes like stink if you stamp on
    the pedals - or it would if I was as fit as I was when I bought it.

    It was a pleasure to ride it today. Normally it just sits in the spare
    room collecting dust.

    My 'racing' bike cost about 30 quid in 1950. ;-)
    If my parents had paid about £1470 more I might have won something!
    --
    Gordon Harris

  8. Phil Cook <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Phil Cook said:

    Of course! You can't ride a £1500 (1990 prices) racing iron in
    anything but lycra unless you want to look ridculous.

    £1500 for a *bike*?!!???!!%%$$??
    You could have got one with an engine for that!

    It's a bit like a Bee Emm in comparison to a Cinqueccento. It goes
    where you put it in the corners and goes like stink if you stamp on
    the pedals - or it would if I was as fit as I was when I bought it.

    It was a pleasure to ride it today. Normally it just sits in the spare
    room collecting dust.

    My 'racing' bike cost about 30 quid in 1950. ;-)
    If my parents had paid about £1470 more I might have won something!
    --
    Gordon Harris

  9. Phil Cook <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Phil Cook said:

    Of course! You can't ride a £1500 (1990 prices) racing iron in
    anything but lycra unless you want to look ridculous.

    £1500 for a *bike*?!!???!!%%$$??
    You could have got one with an engine for that!

    It's a bit like a Bee Emm in comparison to a Cinqueccento. It goes
    where you put it in the corners and goes like stink if you stamp on
    the pedals - or it would if I was as fit as I was when I bought it.

    It was a pleasure to ride it today. Normally it just sits in the spare
    room collecting dust.

    My 'racing' bike cost about 30 quid in 1950. ;-)
    If my parents had paid about £1470 more I might have won something!
    --
    Gordon Harris

  10. Phil Cook <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Phil Cook said:

    Of course! You can't ride a £1500 (1990 prices) racing iron in
    anything but lycra unless you want to look ridculous.

    £1500 for a *bike*?!!???!!%%$$??
    You could have got one with an engine for that!

    It's a bit like a Bee Emm in comparison to a Cinqueccento. It goes
    where you put it in the corners and goes like stink if you stamp on
    the pedals - or it would if I was as fit as I was when I bought it.

    It was a pleasure to ride it today. Normally it just sits in the spare
    room collecting dust.

    My 'racing' bike cost about 30 quid in 1950. ;-)
    If my parents had paid about £1470 more I might have won something!
    --
    Gordon Harris

  11. Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

  12. Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

  13. Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

  14. Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

  15. Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    high road en route to here:
    http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    What road?


    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

  16. Phil Cook said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...
    > Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    > high road en route to here:
    > http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    > What road?
    >
    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    Ha ha - up a bit!
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  17. Phil Cook said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...
    > Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    > high road en route to here:
    > http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    > What road?
    >
    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    Ha ha - up a bit!
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  18. Phil Cook said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...
    > Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    > high road en route to here:
    > http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    > What road?
    >
    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    Ha ha - up a bit!
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  19. Phil Cook said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...
    > Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    > high road en route to here:
    > http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    > What road?
    >
    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    Ha ha - up a bit!
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

  20. Phil Cook said:
    Paul Rooney said:
    Fran said:

    [email hidden] said...
    > Met lots of bikers at the weekend, incidentally, on a twisty, hairy,
    > high road en route to here:
    > http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/PICT5040.JPG
    > What road?
    >
    I've no idea, but it looks fabulous. I'll be watching out for
    directions as the thread progresses...

    It looks more fabulous in the other directions, but would be much
    easier to identify the location, and hence the road I took to get
    there.

    On arrival I tucked into superb bangers and mash - sausages made with
    venison.

    That confirms my inkling that it is Scotland. There is something about
    the architecture that screams West Highlands at me and if it is that
    is an impressive collection of dead midges on the number plate :-) All
    I have to do now is narrow it down a bit...

    Ballaculish?

    Ha ha - up a bit!
    --
    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

    "I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.