Cycling After Breakfast ?

Top Dog

May 30, 2007
Is it best to do your daily cycling stint in the morning straight after your breakfast or is is better to wait a hour or two after your breakfast before doing your daily cycling stint ?

Top Dog said:
Is it best to do your daily cycling stint in the morning straight after your breakfast or is is better to wait a hour or two after your breakfast before doing your daily cycling stint ?
Two hours after breakfast?

When do you wake up? How do you have time to ride TWO HOURS later?

How far are you going on your daily rides?

Are you eating a Continental Breakfast or a farmer's breakfast?

If your ride isn't your commute, why don't you ride BEFORE you eat?

If your commute is your ride, then you should probably eat before hand.

Well, the admonition against going-into-the-water immediately after eating has been dispelled, so you can probably go for your ride as soon as you want after you eat unless you're downing 5000 calories at breakfast.

Well, I am not sure what you eat, but I have a bowl of these toasted oatmeal flakes from Trader Joe's which are high in fiber, (about 12% DV), along with a glass of orange juice and a slice of fruit. I wait about twenty to thirty minutes after I have eaten before I go off on my ride, and ten to fifteen minutes of that waiting involves my stretching, and it works for me so far.

You don't have to wait two hours, but make sure that you are not going to be pushing yourself so hard that you need to up-chuck the food you just consumed.