Cycling and music

I love music, but never when riding because I prefer to have my senses fully awake and focus on the bike and the road.

Honestly no, cycling on the road can be a bit dangerous especially when you are distracted. Lots of things can happen on the road, and if you are not completely aware of your surroundings, you may get in trouble. Potholes, cars that are also not paying attention, pedestrians who are also listening to music and would not be able to hear your alerts, that sort of thing. So call me paranoid, but an ounce of prevention is still better than a pound of cure, so when I ride a bike, I would definitely not decrease my senses and awareness by listening to music.

Also, one of the best things of riding the bike is just enjoying everything in the process and this includes the surrounding sounds.

Well, I do prefer the nature sounds, but city sound keep me alert to what is coming.

Although I am really into music, I don't actually plug in my earphones and go cycling. Your attention will be focused on the music that on the people and other vehicles on the streets. See how much dangerous it its to listen while driving. We are vulnerable to accidents. We will not be able to hear the horns of for example a car that lost its brakes or a car running at its full speed which does not have enough time to stop and might hit us.

However, it is alright to listen to music when you are in a park or in any place where there is no other motor vehicles present. This will be good for you to at least add up to your motivation and be more driven to whatever you do.

Pardon me if you are a music lover. This is just an advice from the newscaster - don't use your headphones or earpods while riding because it prevents you from hearing the horn of the vehicle behind you. That was about the news report of an accident where a car that lost brakes hit a biker. The car was honking but he biker didn't hear maybe because he was playing his music so loud.

I sometimes listen to music when riding but I only use earphones, preferably wireless ones and I only put it in one ear. It's better to be safe than sorry. sometimes I don't bother bringing music at all.

The world I know from collective soul is the number one in my playlist. I love to hear that song every time I riding my bike, and the second is stop crying your heart out by Oasis, but not because I need to focus or push my self to limit. I just love to hear that song, while watching the people during my biking.

Earlier than now, I used to leave the earpiece on me when I ride and that has really put me in trouble of nearly getting into an accident. So, I've decided to change the way I ride and has gone with no music playing. In as much as that has really affected my focus while on my bike, I have to persevere for it is better than losing my life on the way or riding.

I don't actually put my headphones on while cycling. We are prone to getting into accidents when we do that. We won't be able to hear the automobile horn at the back and might get bumped as we turn left or right. But if I were to listen to a music while on a ride, I would go for classical music like Canon, Tempest and even Kan Kan. These soft yet rocky classical songs make me feel relaxed and just sync my kick to my bike's pedals with the rhythm from these songs.

I don't actually put my headphones on while cycling. We are prone to getting into accidents when we do that. We won't be able to hear the automobile horn at the back and might get bumped as we turn left or right. But if I were to listen to a music while on a ride, I would go for classical music like Canon, Tempest and even Kan Kan. These soft yet rocky classical songs make me feel relaxed and just sync my kick to my bike's pedals with the rhythm from these songs.

It is because of the rate of accidents that we should be very careful not to use headphones when we ride especially on busy roads to avoid forms of accidents. What I am always going to say that we can see the need to use headphones while riding on a lonely lane and not when we ride on busy roads.

I don't do that when I'm riding outside of our home. Cycling while wearing earphones can be dangerous. You won't be aware of warning sounds as most, if not all, of your hearing is blocked by the audio on your headset.

Yes, I do love to have my headphones and listen to some music while biking. What I listen to depends on my mood for that day, but usually it is some 80's-90's favorite ones, some other days I just use Pandora. One thing to pay attention to, is to use it at a proper volume, otherwise you can get distracted or focused on music, and don't pay attention to traffic, or bad drivers.