Cycling apparel shops

essendon93

New Member
Aug 20, 2004
Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when it comes to these things :)
Thankya
ess

essendon93 wrote:
> Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just
> wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went
> down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when
> it comes to these things :)

Le knicks. Take a healthy credit limit. They're on Beach Rd, just
past the Beaumaris clocktower (next to KW & JK's)

essendon93 said:
Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when it comes to these things :)
Thankya
ess
www.highendcycles.com.au (thornbury) - seemed cheapish with an ok range - i decided to "join" com comunitat valenciana
www.leknicks.com.au (black rock)

are 2 that come to mind briefly..

Ash

essendon93 wrote:
> Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just
> wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went
> down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when
> it comes to these things :)

Le knicks. Take a healthy credit limit. They're on Beach Rd, just
past the Beaumaris clocktower (next to KW & JK's)

"essendon93" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just
> wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went
> down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when
> it comes to these things :)
> Thankya
> ess
> --
> essendon93

Ivanhoe Cycles are having a sale that starts on Feb 20 but as I am on their
database I got a letter that apparantly lets me get the sale prices between
now and the sale date (just need to show the letter). The letter indicates
that all cycling clothing will be on sale so it might be worth a look. Let
me know if you want to borrow the letter and I will bring it on Sunday to
the BR.

Gags

essendon93 said:
Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when it comes to these things :)
Thankya
ess

Whatever you get.. just make it red :)

Was Feb 13th last year we first joined the BR... I think you and I rocked up for the first time on the same BR? I'll mark the occasion by not showing on Sunday ;)... Heading that way tomorrow morning to make up for it :)..

cheers,
GPL
--

gplama said:
Whatever you get.. just make it red :)

Was Feb 13th last year we first joined the BR... I think you and I rocked up for the first time on the same BR? I'll mark the occasion by not showing on Sunday ;)... Heading that way tomorrow morning to make up for it :)..

cheers,
GPL
--
Ah didn't realise that! Yeah I remember you rocking up. Jazmo was the one to beat up the climbs, and of course you had to eat my dust :D

essendon93 <[email protected]> writes:

> Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just
> wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went
> down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when
> it comes to these things :)
> Thankya
> ess

Startline Cycles, 232 the Esplanade have some good stuff.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

essendon93 said:
Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when it comes to these things :)
Thankya
ess
If you happen to win the lottery you could head on down to the assos shop (sth melb?? not sure), probably better off buying a new bike with that kind of money though...

Jono L said:
If you happen to win the lottery you could head on down to the assos shop (sth melb?? not sure), probably better off buying a new bike with that kind of money though...

Coventry Street - turn right off Clarendon Street after Coles. Ring the doorbell to get in (knock three times, wait, knock again etc...)

Their stuff is no-where near as overpriced as people make out - even better when they are doing one of their promotions (I recently got $50 back each for two pairs of stinky old knicks against some new ones, plus two free pairs of socks). Their undershirts are in my opinion, the most versatile and effective bit of cycling kit you can buy.

Plus it's a little-known fact that as a member of a cycling club, you'll get a 5% discount.

Jono L said:
If you happen to win the lottery you could head on down to the assos shop (sth melb?? not sure), probably better off buying a new bike with that kind of money though...
Assos Retailers in Melb
http://www.assos.com/dealers/dealers.aspx?country=AUSTRALIA

Le Knicks Beach Rd Black Rock, just about every pro team gear and top qual generic, huge range for tri, mtb, road & pro teams.

Startline Cycle Fashions, Beach Rd opp Brighton Baths, smaller range of pro gear, some generic and an ecelectic range of retro jerseys in wool.

UNO at Carrum on Nepean Hway also have a much bigger range than the Ellwood shop, laid out better and a great retro range of light sweaters, wool jerseys, and Aust Team gear... plus a heap of fairly ordinary generic Uno stuff that isnt all that great in the colour range, but is of very good quality generally in the chamois and build...plus some good offroad and MTB stuff with zip off leg shorts with chamois, wide range of tops and Ts and some neat accessories...gear bags, wheel bags, etc.

Nike City Store have the Lance Range plus Discovery Team stuff, and

Rebel Sports all over town have have McGees team stuff plus some generic stuff, but their prices are top end and rarely discounted even in their sales...

BiCycle Superstore have a limited range

Fitzroy Cycles too and Walkers in the City...

Most of the other shops mainly sell their store riders branded kit eg: Kennedy Cyclefit (Red & Black and Pink Inc kit), Kathy Watt has her KW Personal Training, like wise Freedom Machine with TFM range, and SwimBikeRun their SBR range...LeTours, TerryHammond etc....

or go online and buy whatever you want from a web store like PBK.

Better still, join the Belgian Beer Cafe and buy their kit discounted, I got knicks and jersey for $100 the lot for an Aust day Special deal, and there's a permanent Höegaarten on the back of the jersey too, at least you never look like running dry

but right now it's time for a Surefoot :)

craigster_jd said:
Coventry Street - turn right off Clarendon Street after Coles. Ring the doorbell to get in (knock three times, wait, knock again etc...)
geez sounds like the stonecutters...

I'm sure its worth the dosh, but to fork out that kind of cash in the first place is a touch crazy, for me anyway...

you bike lifeing tomorrow craigster?

essendon93 said:
Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when it comes to these things :)
Thankya
ess

Heyzoos! The world has officially gone mad!!!

First MCC tout the idea of a car-free city then Ess wants to get_another_jersey :eek:
Surely the 25 you have of that one design are enuff :D:D:D

essendon93 wrote:
> Ok heaven forbid I think about getting another jersey, but just
> wondering of some outlets with a decent range in 'ol Melb town. Went
> down to UNO in Elwood, but didn't see anything I liked...I'm fussy when
> it comes to these things :)
> Thankya
> ess

Bought my new(er) kit at Highend Cycles in Thornbury:
http://www.highendcycles.com.au/shop/
Good prices on Nalini stuff and a pretty good range. That's if you like
pro team stuff.
Good luck.