Cycling around the world!

Aug 18, 2011
I started from America, January of 2005.

Cycled in Europe (starting in Norway).

Cycled in Nepal.

Spent five years cycling all over China (some 50 KM):

Now crossing Australia (currently in Adelaide, S.A.)

Next New Zealand, then South American, and then back to the U.S. (if there still is one?).

We have extensive experience tour cycling (100,000KM).
www.cyclingpeace.org
www.haaqi.com

F.A. Hutchison ('Hutch'): [email protected]
Richard Xutan: [email protected] (the first Chinese from the P.R.C. to ride from Perth of Adelaide).

Cyclist enjoys Aussie landscape

Chinese cyclist Richard Xutan is attempting to ride for two years continuously around the world.
Mr Xutan, 27, and his riding companion, 71-year-old American FA Hutchinson are on the Australian leg of their journey, which involves a month-long ride from Perth to Esperance.
The pair are staying in bush camps along the way and are having a lot of fun.
“I wanted to see Australia, I had heard so many good things about Australia,” Mr Xutan said.
“And cycling is the best way to travel because you see more along the way as well as getting exercise.”
Mr Xutan said cycling also created no pollution or noise.
“Everything in Australia is a very long distance and it is so different from cycling anywhere else,” he said.
The pair are presently in Norseman on their way to Esperance.
“I have only seen one live kangaroo so far, but we have counted 13 dead kangaroos that have been hit by cars,” Mr Xutan said.
“I really wanted to see the Nullarbor sky at night.”
Mr Xutan has already cycled 50,000km through China and will head to New Zealand, South and North America after completing the Australian leg.
For more information about Mr Xutan’s trek go to www. cyclingpeace.org.

Great adventuring guys.

We are doing similar, having sold up in 2009 and left our home in Scotland. We have covered over 20,000km. Europe, US, Oz, Nz, Malaysia, Thailand, China. Currently resting up in the UK as my wife's mother passed away in November and we have to sort out her affairs. After that we will be back on our travels.

This is the best way to see the World. Give it a try.

Steve

http://www.my-bicycling-adventure.com

Stephen Coulson said:
Great adventuring guys.  We are doing similar, having sold up in 2009 and left our home in Scotland.  We have covered over 20,000km.  Europe, US, Oz, Nz, Malaysia, Thailand, China.  Currently resting up in the UK as my wife's mother passed away in November and we have to sort out her affairs.  After that we will be back on our travels. This is the best way to see the World.  Give it a try. Steve http://www.my-bicycling-adventure.com
Check-out one day the Patagonia in the south of Chile, its a 1200 KM gravel road through mountains, rivers, lakes and sea. A touring cyclist paradise, you can get water anywhere along the road, you can buy food supplies every other day, you can camp everywhere, it is safe and not crowded at all, best during spring and summer (in the southern hemisphere), the name is "Carretera Austral" (southern road). I have however broken my back rack twice in 2 separated holidays... but you guys have more experience to avoid that, i guess !