cycling art (off topic?)

"Derk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> I'm experimenting with taking pics while cycling, using an old webcam.
> My bike is visible, so it's also cycling tech I would think...
>
> I was having lots of wind from while taking the pic.
>
> http://forum.tour-magazin.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=22205
>
> Greets, Derk

Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and decided to
escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring here
in California. Some photos:

http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/HCP4-25-05/

Mild temp, no wind and less than 10 cars in 2 hours.

"Dan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and decided to
>escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring here
>in California. Some photos:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/HCP4-25-05/

Wow!

Where do you live (near Gilroy??) and how much does a house cost
there??

Neil
San Diego
Fair is foul and foul is fair....

"Neil Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and decided

> >escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring

here
> >in California. Some photos:
> >
> >http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/HCP4-25-05/

> Wow!
>
> Where do you live (near Gilroy??) and how much does a house cost
> there??
>
> Neil
> San Diego
> Fair is foul and foul is fair....

I think the average home is now about $600k here in the home
of Specialized Bikes.

Dan wrote:
> "Derk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I'm experimenting with taking pics while cycling, using an old webcam.
>>My bike is visible, so it's also cycling tech I would think...
>>
>>I was having lots of wind from while taking the pic.
>>
>>http://forum.tour-magazin.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=22205
>>
>>Greets, Derk

> Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and decided to
> escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring here
> in California. Some photos:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/HCP4-25-05/
>
> Mild temp, no wind and less than 10 cars in 2 hours.

What a beautiful place. I half expect to see hobbits in the pictures.

Marty

Dan wrote:
> Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and decided
> to escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring
> here in California. Some photos:

BEAUFIFUL! I only have one question: do you need O.R. nurses over there
an/or french translators? If so, we'll quit our jobs here and emigrate
without any regrets.

Great cycling area too!

Greets, Derk

"Dan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Neil Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Dan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Since we are off topic ... I was working at home this morning and

decided
> > >escape. I went downstairs, got on the bike and took off. It is spring

> here
> > >in California. Some photos:
> > >
> > >http://www.geocities.com/banquo_lives/HCP4-25-05/

> > Wow!
> >
> > Where do you live (near Gilroy??) and how much does a house cost
> > there??
> >
> > Neil
> > San Diego
> > Fair is foul and foul is fair....

> I think the average home is now about $600k here in the home
> of Specialized Bikes.

I know that road... and it scares the heck out of me. We have lived in that
area for 2 years, but I have yet to work up the courage to tackle that
climb. I regularly ride Metcalf, Hicks, Willow Springs, Bailey/Buffalo and
other local climbs, but driving that road was enough to frighten me off! Did
your two hours see the top? Am I right to be afraid, very afraid..?

GR

"Gary Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I know that road... and it scares the heck out of me. We have lived in

that
> area for 2 years, but I have yet to work up the courage to tackle that
> climb. I regularly ride Metcalf, Hicks, Willow Springs, Bailey/Buffalo and
> other local climbs, but driving that road was enough to frighten me off!

Did
> your two hours see the top? Am I right to be afraid, very afraid..?
>
> GR

East Dunne to Henry Coe Park? It isn't as steep as Metcalf and the traffic
is better. My best time from my house in MH to HCP and back is 1hr 49m - I
managed 1hr 53m yesterday. Not very fast but then I am not a kid anymore. I
don't put my feet down from when I leave till I am back. I turn around in
the parking lot at park HQ. I think the hardest local climb is Hicks to the
top of Mt. Umhunum.

I did Willow Springs and Llagas today - very nice this time of year.

Quimby is one that I haven't tried yet.