cycling art (off topic?)

what kind of "wind" were you having?

"Derk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> First of all: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! EXPERIENCED STUNTMEN WERE USED TO DO
> THE FOLLOWING!!!
>
> I'm experimenting with taking pics while cycling, using an old webcam.
> My bike is visible, so it's also cycling tech I would think...
>
> I was having lots of wind from while taking the pic.
>
> http://forum.tour-magazin.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=22205
>
> Greets, Derk

The wind was very strong (6 Beaufort according to the weather centre) and
blew over the cold water from the East-North-East, whilst I was cycling
North.

Greets, Derk

> First of all: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! EXPERIENCED STUNTMEN WERE USED TO DO
> THE FOLLOWING!!!
>
> I'm experimenting with taking pics while cycling, using an old webcam.
> My bike is visible, so it's also cycling tech I would think...
>
> I was having lots of wind from while taking the pic.

Hi Derk,

You'll get used to it, i've been shooting pics on the bike for some years now.
In the beginning it was kind of scary but now i'm used to take pictures in all sorts
of conditions: http://my.localhost.nl/spartaan/pictures/20050227_17.jpg
(full album on: http://my.localhost.nl/spartaan)

I use a Logitech Digital pocketcam, it's easy to operate with one hand. Yours has
much better resolution and quality though. Which camera did you use? I'm looking
for a better quality camera which is easy to operate and can take some abuse.

"Derk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi!
>
> First of all: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! EXPERIENCED STUNTMEN WERE USED TO DO
> THE FOLLOWING!!!
>
> I'm experimenting with taking pics while cycling, using an old webcam.
> My bike is visible, so it's also cycling tech I would think...
>
> I was having lots of wind from while taking the pic.
>
> http://forum.tour-magazin.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=22205
>
> Greets, Derk

Hi Ronald,

Ronald wrote:

> (full album on:http://my.localhost.nl/spartaan)

I get the following error:
Not Found
The requested URL /spartaan/pages\20041205.htm was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.50 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 PHP/4.3.10 mod_ssl/2.0.50 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Server at my.localhost.nl Port 80

> I use a Logitech Digital pocketcam, it's easy to operate with one hand.
> Yours has much better resolution and quality though. Which camera did you
> use?

I used the cheapest camera I could get: a 3 year old webcam I bought at
Aldi's for 50 Euro's at the time. It's the MD 5319. When you put it in your
back pocket it's lens fogs up while cycling.

Greets, Derk

> I get the following error: Not Found
> The requested URL /spartaan/pages\20041205.htm

Are you using FireFox? I also use the album on my
harddrive so i use relative paths and backslashes.
IE handles this ok but FireFox doesn't like it.
Most pics are backsides btw cause that's the view
during most group rides. But it's nice to have as some
sort of cycling diary. It's remarkable how many rides
i can recall after viewing some pics of it.

Ronald wrote:

> Are you using FireFox? I also use the album on my
> harddrive so i use relative paths and backslashes.
> IE handles this ok but FireFox doesn't like it.

I have liberated myself of any Windows software and have been using Linux'
webbrowser Konqueror.I'll try Mozilla instead.

After having used Linux for 3 years now, the only thing I miss once in a
while is the possibility to view AVI files. No more viruses, no more blue
screens.

> it's remarkable how many rides
> i can recall after viewing some pics of it.

It's a pity one can't reproduce certain odours that are present while
cycling. For instance: in France I often smell ripe fruit in the summer.
Or the typical smell just after a rain shower. Smell, just like taste, can
bring back forgotten memories (Proustian experience).
Maybe the next generation of digital camera's will offer us a solution to
this problem :)

Greetings, Derk

> ... forgotten memories (Proustian experience).
I must correct myself. I think the right expression for it is "involuntary
memory".

Sincerely, Derk