Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

Cycling as a diabetic ...

Started by the engine · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,640 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
20 June 2007
Last activity
20 June 2007
Original author
the engine
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,640
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have returned to cycling after a 3 year hiatus ... and in the lay-off, found myself to have type-2 diabetes (damn genetics). So far, I'm doing fine with my fueling process. I'm only up to between 1-2 hour rides, six days a week, but my goal is to get back to the conditions of 4 years ago, when I was riding centuries weekly, and sometimes 2/week. Which may not be possible ...

    Is anyone here riding long distances as a diabetic? How do you maintain your blood-sugar levels over the long rides?

    Right now I'm keeping my sugar levels up while riding up to 2 hours, but I'm wondering if I will eventually not be able to keep up the fuel inputs, to match the rate my sugar drops over the coarse of longer rides.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.