cycling as a varsity sport

Colavita/ACT10

Jun 6, 2006
Hey guys, I am told that 13 colleges offer cycling as a varsity sport. I am only aware of 5(Marian, Lindsey Wilson, Ripon, Pfeiffer, and Lees-Mcrae). Does anyone know the other 8?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Hey guys, I am told that 13 colleges offer cycling as a varsity sport. I am only aware of 5(Marian, Lindsey Wilson, Ripon, Pfeiffer, and Lees-Mcrae). Does anyone know the other 8?
check out the ECCC on usacycling.org. They have a list of all the colleges in the northeast with cycling programs.

Or see www.eccc-info.com

Most of those are not varsity, however; they are club sports or some other category, which means they are not well-supported financially by the university. Uniforms, bikes, gear, transport to the races, etc. are all paid for by the riders.

stanford, cal, ucla, i think oregon state and usc. Unless they r clubs that represent those schools in colligate racing. But you do have a lot of sports that are really clubs cuz of section/chapter/something 9 which is pretty much u cant have a varsity sport unless a similar # of women and men play it.

Glen coe has a MTBing club sport. Dont know if it counts as varsity tho. Certainly not a uni one at that.