#cycling chatroom on austnet

Resound

May 15, 2004
Forums are great, but there are times when you want some of that funky real time chatting. I've registered #cycling on austnet for those of you with irc and hope to see some people in there.

Originally posted by Resound
Forums are great, but there are times when you want some of that funky real time chatting. I've registered #cycling on austnet for those of you with irc and hope to see some people in there.

Which IRC client would you suggest? Is mIRC still the accepted leader?

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
Which IRC client would you suggest? Is mIRC still the accepted leader?

hippy

It probably comes down to personal preferance, and mirc is still definitely one of the best. I'm actually coming back to irc after a bit of a break. Hope to see you in there :)

Originally posted by Resound

I agree, forums do have their place, but for a more realtime (chit) chat talk IRC is the way to go, so this is a great initiative..

Somehow i think Cyclingforums needs it's own 'official' IRC chat channel (and ofcourse a lot a recurring visitors).

I wonder why there are (almost?) zero cycling related IRC channel while even the weirdest of things seem to have their own IRC channel..

So come on, join #cycling on irc.austnet.org and have a chat, maybe the forums gods will then decide to make (it) a cylingforums 'official' chat channel ;-)