cycling clicking noise

linusm

Oct 19, 2014
Hello all,
My Carbon bike makes this clicking noise when the bike is under load (when i accelerate really hard). It sounds like it is coming from the crank area but i know sounds can be deceiving. 80% of the time the click is a double click. the double clicks are straight after each other. I can reproduce the sound while i'm not riding it by bouncing on the pedals when they are at 3 and 9 o'clock. while i am doing this im not touching the bars or seatpost so i think it rules them out.

Additional information: I am a kid and i only weighs 45 kg so a really hard sprint for me (which creates the sound) might be a normal acceleration for a 80kg adult. I would really appreciate if you could give me some suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

It could be almost anything on the bike that's tweaked while you punch it.

Start with the easy stuff first...pedals greased in the crank arms and fully tightened. Bottom bracket components free of excessive play and checked for tightness. Handle bars/stem clamp, stem/steerer clamp. /brake-shifter mounting bands not creaking on the bars. Headset properly pre-loaded. Seat rails and clamp, etc.

You might want to just quickly swap wheels with a friend or from another bike to eliminate spoke pinging.