cycling clothing

G

I am not a proffessional cyclist. I would like sb to tell me sth about cycling clothing. Do you prefer strech cycling clothong or baggy and why. Do I need to wear underpants under stretch cycling shorts.
Are you ashamed when you wear stretch cylcling clothing in the street

Grizli,

I wear the stretch stuff cos I ride road - although I do have some baggy stuff for when I'm mtb'ing with my firends or out on a 'street thrash' session.

Whenever I race I go for the stretch stuff (mtb or road).

Dispense with the underpants (stretch or baggy) - they have seams which cause chaffing when trapped between groin and seat.

I only wear my stretch stuff on the street when we stop at the coffee shop during a ride (or when I rave - but that's different stretchy stuff altogether!!!).

Eldron:
I want to ask You for some help, in my case the issue is not stretch vs. Baggy. My case is I am completely inexpert with clothing regarding the weather....I live in San Mateo, Clifornia, 20 miles south from San Francico, Is not so Cold here (Snow), but it's.....So I need some advice about Jackets, Layering, legs warmers, fabrics , and some Web sites with this kind of information. Thanks. Francisco
Eldron said:
Grizli,

I wear the stretch stuff cos I ride road - although I do have some baggy stuff for when I'm mtb'ing with my firends or out on a 'street thrash' session.

Whenever I race I go for the stretch stuff (mtb or road).

Dispense with the underpants (stretch or baggy) - they have seams which cause chaffing when trapped between groin and seat.

I only wear my stretch stuff on the street when we stop at the coffee shop during a ride (or when I rave - but that's different stretchy stuff altogether!!!).