Cycling clubs in Amsterdam?

dmskin

Jul 19, 2004
Hi,

I'm a English guy living in Amsterdam and want to get much more into cycling.

Does anybody know of any clubs for beginners?

Thanks

Have you tried the list of clubs at www.fiets.nl? Im an English guy myself living in Den Haag and was interested in doing some TT'ing next year. If I find anything more out Ill let you know. I suspect that the clubs here may be of a very high standard.

maarten said:
you can try this bulletin board http://www.prikpagina.nl/list.php?num=173
Its one off the most if not the most active from the netherlands. Bericht plaatsen means post message just click it and write your question down
Skits! a student's sportsclub for speedskating (schaatsen) and Cycling (wielrennen): www.skits.nl/english/

Skits road training for newbies from march 21th till october evey monday and thursday night. Departure at 18:00 at Kalfjeslaan: www.skits.nl/upload/verzamelpunt-fietsen.gif. Helmet and gloves are not optional. More info: [email protected]

Skits Track training for beginners: "Basis training" every wednesday and sunday night at "the velodrome" See www.velodorme.nl. Don't forget your helmet, gloves, pedals and shoes. Track cycles can be rented at the Velodrome. More info: [email protected]

Greetz, Erik

dmskin said:
Hi,

Thanks

I'm an English roadie, hoping to move to The Netherlands this year, looking at those sites makes me very very scared of the Dutch language... :eek:

Ssushi said:
I'm an English roadie, hoping to move to The Netherlands this year, looking at those sites makes me very very scared of the Dutch language... :eek:

Tell me about it! Im taking Dutch courses at the moment, and I thought French was hard lol! However the Dutch are very welcoming of English speaking people.

Well if you need to ask any ex-pat questions feel free to get in touch. :)

dmskin

-only sky is above

Dutch isnt so tough, its the prevailing winds that make life difficult! I commute from Den haag to Noordwijk by bike a couple of times a week, 40 km's hour on the way there, 10 km's hour on the way back...

grin ;)

Gosh I wish i had a commute like that. I normally cycle from the airport into town everyday.

Thank god for winter lycra gear

dmskin

dmskin said:
Tell me about it! Im taking Dutch courses at the moment, and I thought French was hard lol! However the Dutch are very welcoming of English speaking people.

Well if you need to ask any ex-pat questions feel free to get in touch. :)

dmskin

-only sky is above

Thanks very much dmskin, will contact you with some questions...

dmskin said:
grin ;)

Gosh I wish i had a commute like that. I normally cycle from the airport into town everyday.

Thank god for winter lycra gear

dmskin
Well it was great until they decided to cut down all the trees at the side of the cycle paths then mash them into tiny tyre piercing splinters.

You live at the airport,?? Havnt you had a film made about you recently?? :) Well I just hope that isnt a crosswind journey.

Have you found the winter warm here this year? Im cycling in a jersey and a light windcheater jacket with winter tights. Im still too hot most journey's. The weather is pretty crazy right now, worryingly crazy actually. Ive been here 3.5 years now and every other year January was like living in a chest freezer.

StartledPancake said:
Well it was great until they decided to cut down all the trees at the side of the cycle paths then mash them into tiny tyre piercing splinters.

You live at the airport,?? Havnt you had a film made about you recently?? :) Well I just hope that isnt a crosswind journey.

Have you found the winter warm here this year? Im cycling in a jersey and a light windcheater jacket with winter tights. Im still too hot most journey's. The weather is pretty crazy right now, worryingly crazy actually. Ive been here 3.5 years now and every other year January was like living in a chest freezer.

LOL nope I live in New Sloten area.

I normally wear winter tights, top and thermal jacket. Waterproof jacket if its raining. Normally its a lot colder at when I cycle to the gym before work.

However I know what you mean about the weather. I was putting a plan together about what I would do if it snowed or heavy ice. But it looks like that's not going to happen this year.

Well hopefully we'll have a great summer this year. After the **** one of last year (((.

dmskin
- only sky is above

Hi!

Me I am a french girl living in Amsterdam, and I am also looking for a club...but maybe we can try to cycle together and make some appointment :rolleyes:
Actually maybe other people like to join us! Let's see

Do you like the idea? :confused:

Doei! :)

dmskin said:
Hi,

Thanks

clo said:
Hi!

Me I am a french girl living in Amsterdam, and I am also looking for a club...but maybe we can try to cycle together and make some appointment :rolleyes:
Actually maybe other people like to join us! Let's see

Do you like the idea? :confused:

Doei! :)

Hi, and sorry about the very late response. I haven't been on here for awhile.

Yep a cycle sounds good, when the weather gets a bit better.

So have you been in Amsterdam long then?

Actually I haven't been on here since a while as well!!! I am in Amsterdam since August but I am now leaving, back to france. I will be probably back in september in amsterdam but nothing is sure yet!!:rolleyes:
Are cycling since a long time?

dmskin said:
Hi, and sorry about the very late response. I haven't been on here for awhile.

Yep a cycle sounds good, when the weather gets a bit better.

So have you been in Amsterdam long then?
hey

I have started cycling today, actually I bought a second hand race bike and cycled 1:45 minute which is 45,km from Neiuwkoop to Amsterdam central,

and I am willing to cycle from Amsterdam to Nimjgen next week :),

I live in Amsterdam for three years, I come from Afghanistan north, Panjsher Valley lots of french going and coming there any how if you are still interested cycling let me know :).
cheers

Hi, I'm an aussie, just arrived in a'dam and looking for a bike club/group...

I've found the link below which is a sunday group ride but im also looking for some mid week groups, and also a club which i can race with next summer.

Elynx: Amsterdam Cycling Club@@@@

tim.

clo said:
Actually I haven't been on here since a while as well!!! I am in Amsterdam since August but I am now leaving, back to france. I will be probably back in september in amsterdam but nothing is sure yet!!:rolleyes:
Are cycling since a long time?

Hello! I want to cycle together with you around Romania(my country) but for this you must come here and you must give me a bicycle because I haven't one.