Cycling Clubs South West Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by blevo, Aug 11, 2004.

1. blevo

blevo New Member

Does anyone know of any good mountain bike clubs out Campbelltown way?? I ride both mountain and road bike, and wouldn't mind getting back into competing on my mountain bike.
    Would also know if there is anyone out there interested in doing a bit of mountain biking that i could hook up with and go for a ride with. Just there seems to be a lack of people wanting to ride mtb's out my way, and looking for people to join up with and go riding!!
    Also if anyone can help with some good road rides in the area that would be great as well!!!!

Tags:

2. andrewj

andrewj New Member

I live at Narellan and ride past Campbelltown a few times a week. Maybe we could hook up for a ride. I average about 25kph. I don't know of any clubs out here.

3. blevo

blevo New Member

That would be great!!!
    What days do you normally ride??
    I go to uni at Macarthur, and have a couple of days with some hefty breaks, but also have spare time on the weekends occasionally.
    That might be a touch quicker than what i have been riding, but hey i can get up there pretty quick!!!

4. andrewj

andrewj New Member

I normally ride Mon Wed Thur from about 2:30 to 4:00, and Sun morning. I usually do the Menangle loop (Narellan, Camden, Menangle, Menangle Park, Campbelltown, Narellan) or go up Razorback and back down or head out along the freeway and turn around at Brooks Rd. My weekday rides last about 90 min and Sunday I try to go longer.

5. blevo

blevo New Member

I'm normally at uni on at those times, or at work on the sunday, would still like to hook up, i'l post a message on here or something when i actually have the time to go for a ride when you go!!

6. andrewj

andrewj New Member

I'm available this Sat afternoon, but normally Sat is out for me.

7. blevo

blevo New Member

Workin on sat!!!
    My weekends are normally taken up with work unfortunately, once this semseter of uni is over, i'll have a lot more time for riding then!!

8. Matthew_au_80

Matthew_au_80 New Member

As far as clubs go there is the macarthur cycling club, they ride road races and criteriums.

Im in the campbelltown area and usually do a few ridea each week. Some of my fave routes are

1. M5/ Hume highway south of campbelltown to the Picton turn off or to the Bargo turnoff and back.

2. Along Narellan road to Mt Annan and through there on the cycle lane to camden then around the camden area and back.

3. Any of the quiet industrial areas forinstance Smeaton Grange, Airds Rd Minto-Leumeah

Just a few ideas of mine.

Cya on the road

-matt