Cycling computer

Pinarello-Dogman

Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys and girls, so Im new to the bike scene and just finished my custom Pinarello-Dogma build... Im stuck on what onboard computer everyone is using and so forth. I have done lots of research and I think it's best if I speak with real life cyclist and there gear and experience. So the question is, do I buy a high end computer to do everything or do I just use my phone with an app? What works for you and what are you using? Thank you in advance guys and girls and happy cycling.

I use the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt. It has everything...GPS, Ride data, HR, power, speed, elevation change...and is compact. You have to pay extra for the sensors though.

Reactions: Pinarello-Dogman
Your new to cycling and you just built a Pinarello Dogma as your first ever bike? and after building such a fantastic bike you're stuck on deciding a lowly computer? does something smell funny here? ok I'll play.

I think if you spent the kind of money you did for your first bike you probably would want the best computer with the most features, that would probably be either the Garmin Edge 1000 or 1030 depending on your needs. If that's too much money, which I doubt considering what you forked over for the Dogma, but ok you spent your wad now your cash strapped, then look at the Garmin 820 or the Wahoo Elemnt. You can compare the Garmin 1000 and the 1030 as well as the Garmin 820 and the Wahoo Elemnt by simply googling the two with the word "vs" separating each and then comparisons of the two will pop up and you can read the various opinions.