Cycling Computers with Rear Wheel Pickups

kdelong

Dec 14, 2006
My rollers got "borrowed forever" out of my storage unit so I am only using my fluid trainer at the moment. I am looking for a cycling computer that has a rear wheel pickup so that I can keep track of my mileage. It would be nice if it has cadence on it too. I am looking for recommendations, however, the budget is a little strained at the moment with Christmas right around the corner, so price is also a factor.

I have a Specialized speed zone with cadence. It's wired, I like the wired better. It hasn't let me down yet.

just about every wired unit ive ever used had a cable that would likely be more than long enough to get to the rear wheel. if youre just goin for something to use on the trainer, id say any cheapo would do the trick.

Feltski said:
just about every wired unit ive ever used had a cable that would likely be more than long enough to get to the rear wheel. if youre just goin for something to use on the trainer, id say any cheapo would do the trick.
I have two old wired comps and the pickup units don't quite reach. I'm on the tall side and my bikes are longer than most. I'll look into newer models though. They might have longer wires than the older units that I have. Thanks!

kdelong said:
I have two old wired comps and the pickup units don't quite reach. I'm on the tall side and my bikes are longer than most. I'll look into newer models though. They might have longer wires than the older units that I have. Thanks!

The specialized wired is plenty long with extra to spare.

Cat eye makes one. I have the cadence model on two of my bikes and they are rear wheel pick up. Look up the Cat eye web site; I don't remember the model.