Cycling Coverage on Satellite TV

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony B, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Tony B

    Tony B Guest

    Hi all,

    For footie there is a site (http://64.77.87.5/sport/DL_thu.html) that
    details all the matches shown on the various euro satellite channels. Is
    there by any chance a similar site for cycling coverage? Alternatively,
    can anyone suggest particularly good (non S*y) channels for cycling
    coverage?

    Many thanks,

    Tony B

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Tony B wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > For footie there is a site (http://64.77.87.5/sport/DL_thu.html) that
    > details all the matches shown on the various euro satellite channels.
    > Is there by any chance a similar site for cycling coverage?
    > Alternatively, can anyone suggest particularly good (non S*y)
    > channels for cycling coverage?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Tony B

    http://www.cyclingfans.com/

    Jan

  3. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Tony B wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > For footie there is a site (http://64.77.87.5/sport/DL_thu.html) that
    > details all the matches shown on the various euro satellite channels. Is
    > there by any chance a similar site for cycling coverage? Alternatively,
    > can anyone suggest particularly good (non S*y) channels for cycling
    > coverage?

    I have some issues with the website design, but this might fit the bill:
    http://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/

    JimP

    --
    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to
    grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after

  4. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    Tony B wrote:

    > can anyone suggest particularly good (non S*y) channels for cycling
    > coverage?

    There are several on Hotbird - RAITre, RAI Sport (good for repeats too
    as well as minor races, women U23 and Junior Races in Italy), if you
    have a suitable CAM there are ESP Int, Eurosport 1 & 2 in French, Fr 2 &
    3. RTPI for major Portuguese races. TVEi for the Vuelta
    On Astra there are ETB for the Basque Races, RTBF for Belgian. Several
    German channels.
    Basically you can see most races FTA. Today on RAI Sport for example
    were the Giro Trentino and two under 23 highlights as well. Nice to see
    Wegelius taking a mountain prime in a break too!
    All the best
    Dan Gregory