Cycling Dissertation

Peter Davies

Dec 6, 2014
Hi I'm a student at Southampton Solent University looking into doping in cycling for my dissertation on my Sports journalism degree.

If you have a moment please take my survey below:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QWNYQKL

Also if you have any suggestions for good books or documentaries to read up on please let me know. I've already read up on the obvious ones by David Walsh and the secret race. I've also watched the Armstrong Lie but if there's any others that you can suggest feedback would be great.

Thanks,

Peter Davies

Breaking the Chain by ***** Voet. Basically a history of doping in cycling from the 1970's up until the Festina affair.

Freddy Maertens autobiography if you can find it cheap, although Freddy raced in the 70's-80's

We were Young and Carefree - Laurent Fignon. Fignon talks about the start of the EPO era.

See if you can find the Donati Report by Sondrio Donati. You should be able to find it in English online.

Thank you!

I've read Breaking the chain. Short book but really interesting!

I'll check out the others thanks again!

Matt Rendall's book about Marco Pantani titled The Death of Marco Pantani contains a lot of detail.

Obviously, there is a measure of conjecture thrown in there as well in the book simply because no one can be privy to the motivations
of any person in those circumstances, but it is a fascinating read.

I'd endorse the earlier suggestion for Fignon's book too and Walsh's book.

Emma O'Reilly's book The Race to Truth isn't bad either.

"wheelmen" by albergotti and o'connell if you'd like a glimpse at the financial dealings armstrong, bruyneel, et. al. employed in their cheating. the report does not deal exclusively with that aspect, but i give the two wall street journal writers credit for bringing that part forward.