Cycling Exhaustion

coronacolada

Apr 22, 2010
Hello!

I've been in triathlon training since about October. While running and swimming are pieces of cake for me, for some reason cycling wipes me out completely.

A 2500m swim leaves me feeling energized and ready for more, a 7-mile run is no sweat, but a 20 minute bike ride? I feel like a need a nap afterward.

I admit I don't have the most incredible bike ever; in fact it's a piece of ****, but the tires are fresh and inflated, and I can easily hover between 15-20mph on a normal ride. It's just afterward I crash, and only with cycling.

Any advice on how this could be? Of the three sports, it's the least calorie-burning. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Thanks,

Tom

sic luceat lux

Hey there! It could be that your bonking out at that point in training or race, not nescasarily that its cycling thats the problem. Do you replenish adequetly? Do you have enough carbs in you diet? Bonking is when you muscles run out of Glycogen cells and dont perform well at all, therefore need replenishment this could be used via a sports drink, protein bar/energy bar, energy gels, a meal consisting of complex carbs 2 hours before training. All things have there factors, just study what your getting enough of and what your not getting enough of. It could even be that you dont enjoy cycling who knows? Try cycling as you first part of training.