Cycling, fitness and h.i.i.t.

Susja

Aug 3, 2017
Hello
I am using Fitness club and use Stationary bike.
I am also cycling outside.
Now I want to do H.I.I.T. (high intensity interval training) in my gym.
Could someone share experience and which app would be recommended on my iPhone to use it in order to control it.
Thanks

I think The Sufferfest is really great.
Thanks for suggesting.
I installed 'Interval' app and I love it. Still experimenting with it but it’s joined with Apple Watch and track heart bits and has other cool features.
Did anyone use it?
Thanks again and now I am looking for the schedule of HIIT

Interval app works totally good, I use it on my daily jog session, kinda handy. It's minimal design makes it pretty simple to use

Hi all !
I am suffering from knee pain (Arithritis ) since last 1.5 years. I am 35 years old with 180 cm height and weigh around 80 Kg. Dr. has asked me to put knee cap all the time to assist my knee. this has resulted in severe loss of muscles in a year around my thigh and calf. I have recently started cycling to strengthen my knee. I am not stressing much presently and covers around 7 km in hill mode in around 16 minutes.
I will be extremely grateful if you guys please can assist me about how to maximize the benefit?
Thanks and Regards

Hi all !
I am suffering from knee pain (Arithritis ) since last 1.5 years. I am 35 years old with 180 cm height and weigh around 80 Kg. Dr. has asked me to put knee cap all the time to assist my knee. this has resulted in severe loss of muscles in a year around my thigh and calf. I have recently started cycling to strengthen my knee. I am not stressing much presently and covers around 7 km in hill mode in around 16 minutes.
I will be extremely grateful if you guys please can assist me about how to maximize the benefit?
Thanks and Regards
When I started riding 40 years ago I was a physical wreck with a bad back, gout and just about every non-serious physical problem you could think of. Slowly over time all of that disappeared including the gout. At 75 now, I have the heart rate of a 21 year old. I occasionally get a cold or allergies in the winter from dust pumped around by the central heating or some tree pollens in the spring but other than that all of the pains have disappeared. I highly recommend that you ride and just don't push yourself beyond your limits and you'll be surprised at what happens. DO NOT ride with groups that want to push you beyond your limits and expand your own performance at your own speed.

Hi all !
Thanks and Regards

You can ride but you need to use larger gears so you're spinning easier at a higher RPM's to relieve stress on your knees. So you have to learn to shift when climbing hills to keep those RPM's up, you don't want to find yourself pushing too hard of a gear or you could blow a knee then you will be out of commission for months.

Those knee caps you should not be wearing for more than 2 hours a day, and supposedly only if the knee is swollen, but if the doctor said to wear it regardless if it's swollen or not, then wear it but only for 2 hours, and don't wear it for pain it will only make the pain worse. Ibuprofen is good to use BUT watch your limits closely, in fact I would only take half of the recommended dosage because my wife took the recommended dosage for years and now her liver is down 60% from damage caused by the Ibuprofen, but the docs said that the liver will work ok at that level, but I wouldn't take the recommended dosage.

I'm not a doctor so I don't have anything else I can help you with. Is the doc you're seeing a sports doctor? if not you should find one.

You can ride but you need to use larger gears so you're spinning easier at a higher RPM's to relieve stress on your knees.

Is this a mistake? I would think one spins in lower/smaller gears. Not sure what you mean in larger gears as some physically larger gears in a cog are the lower gears. So this would confuse me. :p

Plus I am not familiar with gym stationary bikes so maybe it means something different vs roadbike.

Is this a mistake? I would think one spins in lower/smaller gears. Not sure what you mean in larger gears as some physically larger gears in a cog are the lower gears. So this would confuse me. :p

Plus I am not familiar with gym stationary bikes so maybe it means something different vs roadbike.

Ok let me re-explain. When I said larger gears I meant the rear cluster, in the front you use the smaller gears. However, you have to be careful using the front smaller gear (chainring if you will) because if you start shifting the rear derailleur past the halfway point (heading toward smaller gears) then you have to shift the front back to the larger on or you will progressively be cross chaining the smaller you go in the rear; and the modern thin jewelry chains don't like doing that too much.

So he needs to keep his RPMS up to around 90 spinning in an easier gear without straining his knees by spinning slower in a harder gear.

I hope I explained that, if not let me know and I'll see if can find a web site explaining that.

Ok let me re-explain. When I said larger gears I meant the rear cluster, in the front you use the smaller gears. However, you have to be careful using the front smaller gear (chainring if you will)

Ah ok, that is what confused me. You never mentioned the rear gear. If I were a new rider, I probably would have thought about the front as too many I have encountered don't even know how to use the back gears. :D

Take care of yourself while you are doing riding or cycling. The best option is that you should to keep the best helmet on your head for enjoying.