Cycling for transport is more common than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Bates

Last night whilst waiting for a bus (was going to pub) I saw 5 youngsters who were out on bikes and
who were obviously using their bikes as a form of transport to the shops rather than just being out
on them for a bit of fun.

This made me conscious of just how many cyclists there are. I think as a cyclist myself I seem to
not notice passing cyclists anymore.

Contrast the 5 youngsters on bikes to the one youngster I see whos dad drives him on his paper
round. Get-out-of-car, walk-down-path, walk-up-path, get-in-car, drive-4-doors-down-road,
get-out-of-car etc. The dad might just as well give his son an extra fiver a week pocket money and
not bother wating his petrol.

Love and amazement from Rich x

--
A hippy goes up to a burger bar and asks the vendor, "Make me one with everything"

Stop sleeping to email me.

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Last night whilst waiting for a bus (was going to pub) I saw 5 youngsters who were out on bikes
> and who were obviously using their bikes as a form of transport to the shops rather than just
> being out on them for a bit of fun.
>
> This made me conscious of just how many cyclists there are. I think as a cyclist myself I seem to
> not notice passing cyclists anymore.
>
> Contrast the 5 youngsters on bikes to the one youngster I see whos dad drives him on his paper
> round. Get-out-of-car, walk-down-path, walk-up-path, get-in-car, drive-4-doors-down-road,
> get-out-of-car etc. The dad might just as well give his son an extra fiver a week pocket money and
> not bother wating his petrol.

Hehe, I'm still amazed at how many cyclists there are around London - sure I never noticed them when
I didn't commute by bike.

Today, I decided to go and buy some sheet music for the ol' joanna. Somehow, realising quite how
much I hate cycling down Oxford Street, smelly busses and whathave you, I managed to come to the
conclusion that the best way to get to Charing Cross Road would be via not only Marble Arch, but
Hyde Park Corner as well. *sigh* How sadistic can you get?

Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.