Cycling from Milano to Hamburg

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Shige, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Shige

    Shige Guest

    Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to some
    websites with information on planning such a trip?

    I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there. I
    also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

    Tags:

  2. "Shige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to
    > some websites with information on planning such a trip?
    >
    > I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there.
    > I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

    You intend to do camping/hostels/backpacker/B&B/Hotels while travelling? You tend to eat out or do
    your own cooking? Travelling with trailer/panniers on the mountain/touring bike or "light"
    (no/hardly any luggage) with a race bike? It makes it a bit easier to help you planning if you could
    tell us a bit more about your trip.

  3. Shige

    Shige Guest

    "Thomas Schleicher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]s.de>...
    > You intend to do camping/hostels/backpacker/B&B/Hotels while travelling? You tend to eat out or do
    > your own cooking? Travelling with trailer/panniers on the mountain/touring bike or "light"
    > (no/hardly any luggage) with a race bike? It makes it a bit easier to help you planning if you
    > could tell us a bit more about your trip.

    Sorry, I intend to do camping, also sometimes would like to stay in backpackers. So, I will bring
    almost all the camping stuff with both front and rear panniers on mountain bike. So the bike will
    be so heavy...

    I will spend about One and half a month on this journey, from Milano to Hamburg. Maybe one and half
    a month is not enough long ,so I have to take the train in some part.

  4. Ken Brown

    Ken Brown Guest

    My favourite site for European touring is Trento Bike Pages at
    http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/

    Ken

    [email protected] (Shige) wrote:

    >Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to some
    >websites with information on planning such a trip?
    >
    > I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there.
    > I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

    Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam" if
    replying via e-mail

  5. On 7 Jun 2003, Shige wrote:
    > I will begin the ride from Milano.

    First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go that route.

    Sergio Pisa

  6. Shige

    Shige Guest

    Thank you for your good information! I will check it. Ken Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My favourite site for European touring is Trento Bike Pages at
    > http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/
    >
    > Ken
    >
    > [email protected] (Shige) wrote:
    >
    > >Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to
    > >some websites with information on planning such a trip?
    > >
    > > I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation
    > > there. I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.
    >
    > Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam"
    > if replying via e-mail

  7. Shige

    Shige Guest

    > First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go

    You mean the traffic of that route is so busy?

  8. Shige wrote:
    > > First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go
    >
    > You mean the traffic of that route is so busy?

    Busy, complicated, not nice, smogged, dangerous... Want more? Avoid.

    Ciao,
    --
    Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
    ============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.