Cycling from Milano to Hamburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shige

Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to some
websites with information on planning such a trip?

I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there. I
also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

"Shige" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to
> some websites with information on planning such a trip?
>
> I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there.
> I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

You intend to do camping/hostels/backpacker/B&B/Hotels while travelling? You tend to eat out or do
your own cooking? Travelling with trailer/panniers on the mountain/touring bike or "light"
(no/hardly any luggage) with a race bike? It makes it a bit easier to help you planning if you could
tell us a bit more about your trip.

"Thomas Schleicher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> You intend to do camping/hostels/backpacker/B&B/Hotels while travelling? You tend to eat out or do
> your own cooking? Travelling with trailer/panniers on the mountain/touring bike or "light"
> (no/hardly any luggage) with a race bike? It makes it a bit easier to help you planning if you
> could tell us a bit more about your trip.

Sorry, I intend to do camping, also sometimes would like to stay in backpackers. So, I will bring
almost all the camping stuff with both front and rear panniers on mountain bike. So the bike will
be so heavy...

I will spend about One and half a month on this journey, from Milano to Hamburg. Maybe one and half
a month is not enough long ,so I have to take the train in some part.

My favourite site for European touring is Trento Bike Pages at
http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/

Ken

[email protected] (Shige) wrote:

>Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to some
>websites with information on planning such a trip?
>
> I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation there.
> I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.

Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam" if
replying via e-mail

On 7 Jun 2003, Shige wrote:
> I will begin the ride from Milano.

First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go that route.

Sergio Pisa

Thank you for your good information! I will check it. Ken Brown <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My favourite site for European touring is Trento Bike Pages at
> http://www-math.science.unitn.it/Bike/
>
> Ken
>
> [email protected] (Shige) wrote:
>
> >Hello, I'm thinking of a bicycle tour from Italy to Hamburg this July. Can anyone direct me to
> >some websites with information on planning such a trip?
> >
> > I will begin the ride from Milano. But I have no information about the budget accomodation
> > there. I also would like you to let me know some about the accomodation there. Thank you.
>
> Ken Brown, Toronto Canada Ontario Rail Trails: http://webhome.idirect.com/~brown delete "nospam"
> if replying via e-mail

> First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go

You mean the traffic of that route is so busy?

Shige wrote:
> > First, and foremost. Get a train to get out of Milano, as far as Chiasso, if you go
>
> You mean the traffic of that route is so busy?

Busy, complicated, not nice, smogged, dangerous... Want more? Avoid.

Ciao,
--
Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.
Mailbox: C02110 CERN-European Organization for Nuclear Research E-mail: [email protected]
CH-1211 GENEVE 23, Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.