Cycling gadgets

maheshrathod

Jul 17, 2010
I just bought a Ducati Monster 600 and am planning to do a lot of cycling for health purposes. The only problem is I don’t know how to calculate how much cycling I do. Can anyone help me out?

A perfectly generic cyclocomputer will measure ride time, distance, total distance since installation, top speed and average speed. Should fulfil most of your needs.

I use a heart rate monitor/cyclocomputer hybrid(Polar CS300, there are others probably equal). This also calculates calories and has a cadence counter.
Not "required" by any means, but does offer some more data on how hard you're working out and how you're doing.

Cadence is useful for me 'cause I've got wimpy knees and a history of mashing/crude pedalling technique.

Calorie counter is useful as it can provide some ballpark values of how much energy you're actually using up.
Be careful though, getting one of those can seriously limit the amount of "treats" you can reward yourself with after a ride ;-)

Crocosis said:
I'm confused; isn't a Ducati Monster 600 a motorcycle?

Yes, it is, but it's not the Monster 900 that he said, in another thread, he had.

Crocosis said:
I'm confused; isn't a Ducati Monster 600 a motorcycle?

Yes, it is. Pretty decent bugger, too but that's another forum ;)

Hey, original poster, do you mean to say something more like, "I bought a motorcycle; however, I will also be riding a bicycle for exercise."?