cycling gaiters

Tim

Guest
Chaps & Chappesess,

Any idea where I can get gaiters that cover my shoes and socks for rain (like the walking ones,
only cover more). I don't mean neo-overshoes, something goretex that covers all of your foot
would be great.

Thanks

Tim wrote:

> Any idea where I can get gaiters that cover my shoes and socks for rain (like the walking ones,
> only cover more). I don't mean neo-overshoes, something goretex that covers all of your foot would
> be great.

You might try overgaiters like Berghaus Yeti Gaiters or Extremeties Terragaiters. They have a
tendency to pop off the toes, and would be a bit oversized for a typical cycle shoe, but OTOH might
do what you want.

Mind you, a typical overshoe will do the same job, just not go so far up your leg. But they'll go
far enough up to meet a pair of overtrousers

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

In message <[email protected]>, Peter Clinch
<[email protected]> writes
>Tim wrote:
>
>> Any idea where I can get gaiters that cover my shoes and socks for rain (like the walking ones,
>> only cover more). I don't mean neo-overshoes, something goretex that covers all of your foot
>> would be great.
>
>You might try overgaiters like Berghaus Yeti Gaiters or Extremeties Terragaiters. They have a
>tendency to pop off the toes, and would be a bit oversized for a typical cycle shoe, but OTOH might
>do what you want.

Spats are what is required here.

Eager Clothing sell them (ISTR the got a good review in the CTC rag) both calf length and
over the knee

No web, tel/fax 01686 640873

The CTC shop also have them as well (different make) though Icouldn't get any sense out of the
website, according to it most of the product categories haven't got any products.......

In this moths magazine ad though.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Tim wrote:
> Any idea where I can get gaiters that cover my shoes and socks for rain

www.sjscycles.com/store/vIndex.htm - clothing - overshoes - spats

~PB

Peter Clinch wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
>> Any idea where I can get gaiters that cover my shoes and socks for rain (like the walking ones,
>> only cover more). I don't mean neo-overshoes, something goretex that covers all of your foot
>> would be great.
>
> You might try overgaiters like Berghaus Yeti Gaiters or Extremeties Terragaiters. They have a
> tendency to pop off the toes, and would be a bit oversized for a typical cycle shoe, but OTOH
> might do what you want.
>
> Mind you, a typical overshoe will do the same job, just not go so far up your leg. But they'll go
> far enough up to meet a pair of overtrousers
>
> Pete.

The gaiters idea sounded quite good so I ran up stairs to get my Yetis. They fit fine over my
Cannondale mountain bike shoes and I don't think they'll slip off the toes.

The only problem I've had with the gaiters is when on long walks they hold a lot of sweat so I only
ever use them when I go up the mountains in winter.

I'll just have to wait until Coldrain to try them out. :)
--
Mark Road bike, Mountain bike and I'm getting something special built for me (I hope it will
arrive soon).