Cycling glasses

I see, well, honestly I don't use glasses myself...I don't really need them but a quick search on Google landed me on these: click here for the website
smith_optics_ldpcboib_lowdown_sunglasses_impossibly_black_1081157.jpg

I really like these. I am looking into them for myself. I will probably check to see if my eye doctor can put my prescription in the lenses though so I can have them exclusively for biking. I wear contacts or high strength prescription glasses all of the time so wearing actual sunglasses is a luxury, especially when I'm out of contacts.

Reactions: divinemaredi
You can just use regular glasses, but if you are really suffering from all the dust,you can try a mask.Personally I don't have that problem here,but aren't there any other trails you can ride your bike that has less dust?

Thank yo very much. I appreciate this post. It's a wonderful glass and it's very cheap. I would definitely buy it. These type of glasses are really important for every cyclist and I would recommend this glass to everyone.
No problem, it's a pleasure to help!

I really like these. I am looking into them for myself. I will probably check to see if my eye doctor can put my prescription in the lenses though so I can have them exclusively for biking. I wear contacts or high strength prescription glasses all of the time so wearing actual sunglasses is a luxury, especially when I'm out of contacts.
I am glad you like them, the frame is very aesthetic and appealing to the eye...

Speaking of the glasses appealing to the eye, is that actually all that important when picking out a pair of glasses for cycling in? While I'm sure none of us want to look ridiculous wearing them, isn't what they actually do more important than what they look like?

Hahah you'll definitely look like Adam Jensen with those glasses. Is cooler rather than perverted. But if you don't fancy paraphernalia I suggest to buy generic sunglasses with plastic paste.

Some of the glasses though that are advertised as supposedly made for cycling are just fashion accessories and they aren't going to help you at all.

When it comes to this type of accessory, sticking to the brands that are well know and you can trust is I.important,,even if that does sometimes mean your paying a little more than you would originally like.

Before my eyesight got bad, I used to wear Tifosi with the interchangeable lenses for different light conditions. I now wear ONOS bifocal. Allows me great protection and I can read my Garmin clearly.

And for me that's how cyclists should think when they're considering what glasses to buy. They need to look at their functionality and what they as an individual needs rather than just going for the most expensive or the most famous brand.

While it's true that the most famous brands often offer the best quality, unless your entering into professional road racing competition, then there are cheaper options available that could also do a decent enough job.

Before my eyesight got bad, I used to wear Tifosi with the interchangeable lenses for different light conditions. I now wear ONOS bifocal. Allows me great protection and I can read my Garmin clearly.
Wow, I've never heard of ONOS bifocal, I'll go check that out!

I think you should buy the lowest costing glasses you can find because they're all made of plastic or polycarbonate or some other fancy name for plastic, and they will ALL scratch within a season or two of riding and you'll have to buy another pair. Why spend $400 for glasses only to have to replace them in a year or two? If you need bifocals why not take your vision insurance coverage to a covered eyeglass retailer and have them make a prescription pair and your out of pocket expense is a lot lower? And a eyeglass retailer should be able to provide a much tougher lens material than a sunglass company can, although anti scratch coatings don't work either plus they deteriorate after a couple of years losing whatever tiny benefit there may have been against scratches.