Cycling Groups Around Geelong

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by powinc, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. powinc

    powinc Guest

    I've heard there are a couple of groups around Geelong. One starts fro
    Bunnings in Warn Ponds, the other from K-Mart

    Can anyone tell me of others and perhaps more detail on departure times
    pace and whether anyone in lycra can join

    I rode past the Bunnings crew the other morning and they seeme
    quite friendly

    powin

    -

    Tags:

  2. mogulhead

    mogulhead Guest

    powinc wrote:
    > I've heard there are a couple of groups around Geelong. One starts from
    > Bunnings in Warn Ponds, the other from K-Mart.
    > Can anyone tell me of others and perhaps more detail on departure times,
    > pace and whether anyone in lycra can join?
    > I rode past the Bunnings crew the other morning and they seemed
    > quite friendly.
    > powinc

    There is a group ride that occurs every sunday at 8am outside Hendry
    Cycles at Ocean Grove. They have a couple of routes but one is from
    ocean grove to Torquay and back. To Torquay the speed is about 30-34kmh
    and the bunch stays together. On the way back the bunch splits into
    three groups. Slow, medium and fast. Slow turns off early for a shorter
    route home then medium turns off and fast takes up the rear. The ride
    back to Ocean Grove is more intense than the ride out.

    I realise this is probably stretching the definition of around Geelong
    but I thought I would let you know about it as there is a lack of
    other replys

    Cheers