Cycling Groups Around Geelong

powinc

Guest
I've heard there are a couple of groups around Geelong. One starts from
Bunnings in Warn Ponds, the other from K-Mart.

Can anyone tell me of others and perhaps more detail on departure times,
pace and whether anyone in lycra can join?

I rode past the Bunnings crew the other morning and they seemed
quite friendly.

powinc

--

powinc wrote:
> I've heard there are a couple of groups around Geelong. One starts from
> Bunnings in Warn Ponds, the other from K-Mart.
> Can anyone tell me of others and perhaps more detail on departure times,
> pace and whether anyone in lycra can join?
> I rode past the Bunnings crew the other morning and they seemed
> quite friendly.
> powinc

There is a group ride that occurs every sunday at 8am outside Hendry
Cycles at Ocean Grove. They have a couple of routes but one is from
ocean grove to Torquay and back. To Torquay the speed is about 30-34kmh
and the bunch stays together. On the way back the bunch splits into
three groups. Slow, medium and fast. Slow turns off early for a shorter
route home then medium turns off and fast takes up the rear. The ride
back to Ocean Grove is more intense than the ride out.

I realise this is probably stretching the definition of around Geelong
but I thought I would let you know about it as there is a lack of
other replys

Cheers