cycling illiterate needs info about her benotto bicycle please

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by mississippigirl, Mar 1, 2004.

1. mississippigirl

mississippigirl New Member

Hey Yall!,
    Can someone tell me where to find info about benotto bicycles.
    I have been searching the web with no success. I bought this one in the late 80's, used in Memphis, Tn at a bicycle shop. They said it was a really good one. It's a red "triathlon". The only number I can find on it is HR 22. If anyone has any info or direction for me I'd sure appreciate! Thanks!

Tags:

2. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

Try www.benotto.com, hopefully you read Spanish. :)

3. Blackberry

Blackberry New Member

Sounds like it could be a very nice bike. Here's some info from the encyclopedic site www.sheldonbrown.com. Hope it's of some help. BTW, N.R. stands for "Campagnolo Nuevo Record:

"An Italian company that moved to Mexico. Some of the Italian examples are exquisite. Such an N.R. bike should be worth perhaps $800. To pay a thousand or a bit more for a truly outstanding example with original paint would be fairly rational. Later Mexican production yielded nice but not terribly special bikes. For N.R. examples figure $600.

[In the late '80s, Bennotto handlebar tape was the thing to have on a racing bike. It was a thin translucent plastic tape, and came with the world's worst handlebar plugs.] "

4. bikinchris

bikinchris New Member

5. pfdunne

pfdunne New Member

Lastyear a friend gave me what sounds like the same frame as yours and I assembled it for my daughter. The frame had been covered in flat gray paint but before having it stripped in a bath I was able to see the original decals. If you have a picture of your bike it would be nice to see how it originally looked. -pfd