Cycling in Cold Weather

Ganfas said:
Well not too much cold i guess, something around 10 / 13 celsius, and only cold, i don't like to cycling at night or in the rain.

I thought about buying a indoor trainer, but i think it's funnier to ride outside, even in cold weather, if i buy it it will probably only be used to warp up before go out.

There's nothing funny about riding indoors.

I'll check in a near store the winter equipment they have, i think i really need something to protect my neck, long fingered gloves and like daveryanwyoming said a "thin long sleeved synthetic layer" and a "thin synthetic hat".

Ty for the answers and advices :)

Ganfas said:
Hi guys, this may look like a dumb question but i really don't know.

I don't like to ride with cold weather but i need to train this year since winter, because some objectives i impose to myself. I only have summer equipment, and i don't know what should i buy / dress to ride in winter. For example, should i use the summer jersey inside a winter jacket or something like that, or only the jacket?

For temps as low as zero degrees use a gore winstopper (phantom model or similar) jacket with a second skin underneath. Gore windstopper gloves and of course your helmet with a very thin underlayer which covers your ears. Spend money on some decent etxe onda bib tights and importantly don't forget gore socks. For very cold weather choose over shoes. It's important to choose your brands correctly as good stuff lasts for years. In the eighties we used to ride with layers of jerseys and awful winter jackets made of polyester. Don't know how we did it. If you have an unlimited budget then a decent purchase is the assos autumn/spring jacket called the evo. Excellent down to 10 degrees. Look for gore, etxe onda, assos, zero+, etc.
Look cool, stay warm, be cool!!!!

nurul said:
It's important to choose your brands correctly as good stuff lasts for years. In the eighties we used to ride with layers of jerseys and awful winter jackets made of polyester. Don't know how we did it. If you have an unlimited budget then a decent purchase is the assos autumn/spring jacket called the evo. Excellent down to 10 degrees. Look for gore, etxe onda, assos, zero+, etc.
Look cool, stay warm, be cool!!!!
Second to that. One set of quality winter clothes is better than truck load of ****.
With todays breathing and windbreaking materials it is surprising how little you actually have to wear to manage in sub-freezing temps.

Up till -10 C I wear (Craft) long sleeve second skin, bibs, (Giordana) long leg windstopper bibs, (Giordana Body Clone) Jacket, baclava, neprene booties and gloves with separate lining. And btw, those are by no means unlimited budget items especially if you look for 1-2 year old models which may have a bit different colours but exactly the same technical qualities.

10-13 celsius is a very typical early/late summer temp in Finland
frown.gif
and for that I think arm and leg warmers are unbeatable (of course with bibs and short sleeve jersey). If you are very sensitive to cold or it's a cold wind, a windbreaker gilet adds up to that.