Cycling in Cuba

Dave & Cat

Guest
Hello fellow cyclists

My wife and I are planning to spend a month (April-May) cycling around in
Cuba. I was wondering if there was somebody out there willing to give us a
few hints on what we might expect...Also if somebody would like to lend us a
map of this island, it would greatly be appreciated, we live in B.C. Canada

Happy touring

Dave

Dave & Cat wrote:
> Hello fellow cyclists
>
> My wife and I are planning to spend a month (April-May) cycling around in
> Cuba. I was wondering if there was somebody out there willing to give us a
> few hints on what we might expect...

You might enjoy Lynette's book "The Handsomest Man in Cuba":
http://www.galfromdownunder.com/ about her bike tour of the island.
She gave a very informative talk about the trip to our bike club and
also joined us for some local rides when she was in town for
book signings.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Dave & Cat wrote:

> Hello fellow cyclists
>
> My wife and I are planning to spend a month (April-May) cycling around in
> Cuba. I was wondering if there was somebody out there willing to give us a
> few hints on what we might expect...Also if somebody would like to lend us a
> map of this island, it would greatly be appreciated, we live in B.C. Canada

I haven't cycled in Cuba (tropical countries aren't my cup of tea -:)
Some friends (who must remain anonymous, due to the actions of Helms-Burton)
have cycled there several times and enjoyed it.

This past summer my anonymous friends introduced me to
Wally and Barbara Smith, who are researching for a cycling book about
the Canadian Maritimes. Wally and Barbara wrote a very good book
about cycling in Cuba (and got in BIG TROUBLE for writing it).
If all copies have not been burned, maybe you can still buy a
copy of it (it helps to be Canadian!).

Wally and Barbara's website:

http://www.bicyclingcuba.com/

--

David Dermott , Wolfville Ridge, Nova Scotia, Canada
email: [email protected]

a simple source of info on riding in cuba is the lonely planet guide on
riding in cuba, i was in havana recently and saw very few bikes..r
David Dermott wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Dave & Cat wrote:
>
> > Hello fellow cyclists
> >
> > My wife and I are planning to spend a month (April-May) cycling

around in
> > Cuba. I was wondering if there was somebody out there willing to

give us a
> > few hints on what we might expect...Also if somebody would like to

lend us a
> > map of this island, it would greatly be appreciated, we live in

B.C. Canada

> I haven't cycled in Cuba (tropical countries aren't my cup of tea

-:)