Cycling in East Sussex UK

Roygarrod

Apr 5, 2004
I ride a specialized sirrus sport hyprid bike and love it. I must say I am getting itchy feet and am seriously thinking about a full on road bike. My average speed is 16mph and that is running on aprox 36mile rides. I would like to up my average speed, I do know that is going to be tough as I only really get out at the weekends due to work commitments. Anybody in a similar situation, with a similar bike doing similar mileage. I manage hill climbs quite well and have rode the London to Brighton Ride for the last 6 years Ditchling Beacon hasn't beaten me yet. I want to get fitter, I am 14st 7lb, 5ft 10, age 46. Ideas and similar stories, would be greatly appreciated.

Roygarrod said:
I ride a specialized sirrus sport hyprid bike and love it. I must say I am getting itchy feet and am seriously thinking about a full on road bike. My average speed is 16mph and that is running on aprox 36mile rides. I would like to up my average speed, I do know that is going to be tough as I only really get out at the weekends due to work commitments. Anybody in a similar situation, with a similar bike doing similar mileage. I manage hill climbs quite well and have rode the London to Brighton Ride for the last 6 years Ditchling Beacon hasn't beaten me yet. I want to get fitter, I am 14st 7lb, 5ft 10, age 46. Ideas and similar stories, would be greatly appreciated.
Are you still around on this forum?