Cycling in England

Anniaha

Aug 18, 2006
Hello! Im from Spain and this year Im going to live to Scotland, my hobby is cycling and I would like to know if I can cycling in Scotland through the streets.
Thank you.

Anniaha said:
Hello! Im from Spain and this year Im going to live to Scotland, my hobby is cycling and I would like to know if I can cycling in Scotland through the streets.
Thank you.
No probs there,you can ride through the streets to your hearts content,but it's when you get out into the countryside there that you'll really enjoy the ride,the scenery is spectacular.Scotland is a beautiful country and the people are great,but for goodness sake don't refer to it as England and the same here in Wales if ever you should visit lol!:)

Anniaha said:
Thank you.
yep, you can cycle in the streets and on the designated cycling paths which are all throughout the country.

Scotland has no tresspass laws. This means if you are a mountain biker you have virtually unrestricted access to hills, mountains and forests. Common sense must be applied near farming areas. A curteous rider wont go near farms as these are peoples livelyhoods.

Anyway, good country for cycling, a pro-cycling government and great terrain. Only downside is the poor weather, but you Spaniards are hard...you'll be okay.

Where abouts in Scotland will you be living?

MountainPro said:
yep, you can cycle in the streets and on the designated cycling paths which are all throughout the country.

Scotland has no tresspass laws. This means if you are a mountain biker you have virtually unrestricted access to hills, mountains and forests. Common sense must be applied near farming areas. A curteous rider wont go near farms as these are peoples livelyhoods.

Anyway, good country for cycling, a pro-cycling government and great terrain. Only downside is the poor weather, but you Spaniards are hard...you'll be okay.

Where abouts in Scotland will you be living?
Surely, I will live in Glasgow. Thank you for helping me.

www.top-car-hire.com

Company Details - ELECTRONIC SCRIP INC (UK) LIMITED
street....... 30 OLD BURLINGTON STREET,
Registered No. 04754755
city..... LONDON
zipcode....W1S 3NL
[email protected]
[email protected]
We have all brands of Mobile Phones for sell at cheap and
affordable prices, they ranges from Nokia/Samsung/LG/Sony
Ericsson/Motorola/Alcatel/panasonic, all Brands and Models of
Nextel Phones, we want you to get back to us with your quote so
that we can begin a good business relationship. We want you to know
that all Phones are Brand New Phones,with complete
accessories,unlocked and sealed. We want to assure you that you
will never regret buying or doing business with us because the
delivery will be to your doorstep via FedEx,UPS,or DHL Courier
service. We will want to use this medium to inform all that we are
registered company and doing business with us will bring you joy
and happiness.Do kindly reply back if you are interested in buying
from us.Email us at:[email protected] or [email protected]

Anniaha said:
Thank you.
A good survival tip for your stay in Scotland is to be sure of the difference between "England", "Britain" and "Scotland".
See the title of this thread.

Dondare said:
A good survival tip for your stay in Scotland is to be sure of the difference between "England", "Britain" and "Scotland".
See the title of this thread.
Absolutely,I've nothing against the english whatsoever,after all my brother in law is from Bristol and one of my closest friends is from Peckham in South London, but I can get quite shirty with someone if they refer to the whole of the UK as England and I reckon the Scots are even more sensitive about it than us Welsh.:D