Cycling in Girvan Ayrshire

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alan Oakley, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Alan Oakley

    Alan Oakley Guest

    Has anyone cycled in this area of Scotland, on or off road? Any places worth looking out for on a
    short day ride, with extended pub/lunch stop.

    Has anyone hired a bike in this area and got any recommendations.

    Tags:

  2. Steve Rooney

    Steve Rooney Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:26:59 +0100, Alan Oakley <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone cycled in this area of Scotland, on or off road? Any places worth looking out for on a
    >short day ride, with extended pub/lunch stop.
    >
    >Has anyone hired a bike in this area and got any recommendations.
    try 101 cycling cycling rroutes in scotland by henry henniker also 101 mountain bike routes in
    scotland by same author

    brilliant area but i am biased i live there lol
    ps email on the way

  3. Steve Rooney

    Steve Rooney Guest

    On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:26:59 +0100, Alan Oakley <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone cycled in this area of Scotland, on or off road? Any places worth looking out for on a
    >short day ride, with extended pub/lunch stop.
    >
    >Has anyone hired a bike in this area and got any recommendations.

    re routes 101 cycling routes in scotland or 101 mountain bikes routes both by henry henniker

  4. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    steve rooney wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 20:26:59 +0100, Alan Oakley <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone cycled in this area of Scotland, on or off road? Any places worth looking out for on a
    >> short day ride, with extended pub/lunch stop.

    I see Maxwelston is near, are the braes bonnie? Carrick Forest and Glentrool Forest should provide
    you with some excellent scenery. Mike