Can anyone tell me the shortest/best route from Edinburgh to
Beverly to Norwich. I have six days to complete the tour
starting May 31st, 2004.
Thanks.
Dieter.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Can anyone tell me the shortest/best route from Edinburgh to
Beverly to Norwich. I have six days to complete the tour
starting May 31st, 2004.
Thanks.
Dieter.
Dieter said:Can anyone tell me the shortest/best route from Edinburgh
to Beverly to Norwich. I have six days to complete the
tour starting May 31st, 2004.Thanks.
Dieter.
Crossposted to uk.rec.cycling because they'll be more
helpful.
--
Michael MacClancy Random putdown - "He is not only dull
himself, he is the cause of dullness in others." -Samuel
Johnson www.macclancy.demon.co.uk www.macclancy.co.uk
"Michael MacClancy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Dieter said:Can anyone tell me the shortest/best route from
Edinburgh to Beverly to Norwich. I have six days to
complete the tour starting May 31st, 2004.
Anyone who wants to look it up on an on line map, it's
spelt Beverley.
--
Simon M.
"Dieter" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Can anyone tell me the shortest/best route from Edinburgh
to Beverly to Norwich. I have six days to complete the
tour starting May 31st, 2004.
Have a look at www.multimap.co.uk type in Edinburgh as
departure and Norwich as destination via Beverley... The
best route will not be the shortest though.. All the best
Dan Gregory
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-
virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.comOpen ↗). Version: 6.0.688 /
Virus Database: 449 - Release Date: 18/05/04
cycle-n-sleep.co.ukcycle-n-sleep.co.ukOpen ↗
sustrans.co.uksustrans.co.ukOpen ↗
thenationalbyway.orgwelcome.aspOpen ↗
getoutguide.co.uktic.htmOpen ↗
multimap.commultimap.comOpen ↗
Here are some sites that give good information.To do
Edinburgh to Norwich in 6 days with luggage you will need to
keep moving, so perhaps the sustrans routes might slow you
down when they are off road and they can be slow through
cities as well.The onroad sustrans routes are usually very
nice.The quicker routes are usually B-roads which are busier
than the little back roads.If you wanted to go fast you
would probably keep to the B-roads and A-roads, but when I
tour I like to use the smallest roads whenever possible.I
sometimes draw a staight line on the map and try to find a
small-road route close to it.For this a 1/250 000 road map
would be good enough, but check for hills on multimap.
If you use sustrans routes off road you should have fat
tyres or suspension because they are usually not
tarmac.700x28 or wider.
If you need to use the train to finish on time you need to
expect to book your bike in advance.In my experience this
only means you have to get a train an hour or two later, but
you never know for sure.
I expect the wind to blow from the south-west, so you will
probably be going into it for most of your trip if you
head south.
TerryJ
TerryJ
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.