Cycling in Ireland

cali-largeguy

Aug 26, 2005
My wife and I are looking for some info about cycling in Ireland. We are planning on coming over next year for our tenth wedding anniversary and want to do a cycling tour. We have been looking at doing a 7 day ride around the Conmara Coast and was wondering if anyone has done this. Any info would be great.

cali-largeguy said:
My wife and I are looking for some info about cycling in Ireland. We are planning on coming over next year for our tenth wedding anniversary and want to do a cycling tour. We have been looking at doing a 7 day ride around the Conmara Coast and was wondering if anyone has done this. Any info would be great.
NO, I have never done this; but while in Ireland on a student visa for 3 months in 00' I did do some cycling around Cork; that was a bit too busy for my tastes due to the narrow roads and urban area. Though I did not do any cycling outside of Cork I did travel extensively around the South and West of Ireland (and did get into the Connemara area). If you have never been it is extremely beautiful and I would greatly like to one day return and do some cycling around those coastal areas myself!

Sorry I can't be more help, the only thing I have to say is that many of the more rural areas have less than great road conditions, and many of the roads can become very narrow. Just be aware (and beware!) of tour buses and cars, and the reward of the views and towns will be more than worth it... good luck to you and enjoy it!