Cycling in Italy

James Zwiebel

Guest
We'll be in northwestern Italy the first week of July to do some road cycling. Would anyone be able
to share cue sheets for the Lombardy, Piemonte, alpine and/or lake regions? We're interested in
50-80 mile rides in those areas.

Thanks!

Jamie Zwiebel

Here's a tour company that goes to those regions.

http://www.cycleitalia.com/

--

Tp

-------- __o ----- -\<. ------ __o --- ( ) / ( ) ---- -\<. ----------------- ( ) / ( )

Freedom is not free; Free men are not equal; Equal men are not free.

James Zwiebel writes:

> We'll be in northwestern Italy the first week of July to do some road cycling. Would anyone be
> able to share cue sheets for the Lombardy, Piemonte, alpine and/or lake regions? We're interested
> in 50-80 mile rides in those areas.

You might peruse the descriptions of various stages of the rides described in the Trento Bike pages:

http://tinyurl.com/adls

You might put a couple of destinations high on your list:

Stelvio, Gavia, and Bernina Passes, as well as any part of the Dolomites heading to Cortina
d'Ampezzo.

James Zwiebel writes:

> We'll be in northwestern Italy the first week of July to do some road cycling. Would anyone be
> able to share cue sheets for the Lombardy, Piemonte, alpine and/or lake regions? We're interested
> in 50-80 mile rides in those areas.

You might peruse the descriptions of various stages of the rides described in the Trento Bike pages:

http://tinyurl.com/adls

I think you should put a couple of destinations high on your list:

Stelvio, Gavia, and Bernina Passes, as well as any part of the Dolomites heading to Cortina
d'Ampezzo.

Hi James There's a tour of 'some of' the Dolomites and over into Austria written up here...
http://www.a-nelson.dircon.co.uk/bike2002/index.htm which might be useful. There's a route map there
for each days cycling we
did.Cheeers... Allan.

> James Zwiebel writes:
>
> We'll be in northwestern Italy the first week of July to do some road cycling. Would anyone be
> able to share cue sheets for the Lombardy, Piemonte, alpine and/or lake regions? We're interested
> in 50-80 mile rides in those areas.

i have ridden in piemonte a number of times, and will return there in two weeks for another trip.
don't worry about cue sheets. either pick up a touring club italiano (TCI) map of the region,
1:200,000, or in any of the towns look for maps that are 1:100,000. unlike france where there are
good centralized sources for IGN maps, in italy things are less organized. given that, there are a
good set of maps for the piemonte area that are 1:100,000 and will let you pick out routes.

buon viaggio,

peter