UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cycling In London

Started by Steve Dawson · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,053 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
19 September 2015
Last activity
12 March 2016
Original author
Steve Dawson
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,053
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I will be moving to London early next year and will be commuting about 4 miles through the centre of London every day. Not being used to the city are there any Londoners who could advise me about the pros and cons of cycling through London during the rush hours. I'm a bit hesitant about it as I'm not used to cycling in a busy city and I do occasionally hear horror stories from other London cyclists about how potentially dangerous it is.

  2. Expect a lot of honking and some angry drivers. London is crazy to cycle in. But if you follow all the rules and keep close to the curve, you'll be just fine!

  3. Central London always seems busy. I find cycling better out of the city limits. You could expect many impatient drivers if you ride in the busy morning hours. One thing that you may love is that you will have company. Many of my colleagues come to office in a cycle.

  4. I haven't been to London but from the things I read, the city of London is a big parking lot in terms of traffic. But I'm sure there are many cyclists there because of the cold climate. My husband was there years ago, working in an office in Piccadilly Circus. He said that even the postman uses a bike while clad in coat and tie. Well, good luck to your riding in London.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.