cycling in Mallorca

rodman123

May 14, 2004
I will be taking a trip to Mallorca spain in june with my wife and both our parents. My wife and I are avid cyclists from Vail Colorado. Both sets of parents ride a lot as well. We are planning to rent a Villa for the week in Mallorca. Does anyone recommend the best region to base a cyling trip from in Mallorca. Also info on real good quality rentals in the area would be helpful. My wife and I will then go on to the Girona area for a week. Info on that area would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

rodman123 said:
I will be taking a trip to Mallorca spain in june with my wife and both our parents. My wife and I are avid cyclists from Vail Colorado. Both sets of parents ride a lot as well. We are planning to rent a Villa for the week in Mallorca. Does anyone recommend the best region to base a cyling trip from in Mallorca. Also info on real good quality rentals in the area would be helpful. My wife and I will then go on to the Girona area for a week. Info on that area would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Make sure you check out Stephen Roche`s bike camp operation. I don`t like to advertise, but I was really satisfied with my stay there. They have groups for different levels of riding usually groups A and B for racing orientated cyclists and C for fitness oriented. Then, there is a fun group for just recreational riding. The location was very good for roads (some rolling, some flat rides, etc) and I liked it because my non cycling spouse was not bored. We came back from rides around 11:30 and that left plenty of time to enjoy the beach or to explore the area.
While I was there I rented a steel Carrera bike that was actually used in the Giro d`Italia once and I was very happy with it.
Good memories from that trip, I am looking for a similar operation in Italy because I would like to explore that part of the world as well without giving up my cycling or torturing my wife and kids with a strictly bike racing camp where there is nothing for them to do. If you or anyone else knows of anything like that let me know.

Hello,

I just want to let you know a bicycle shop in Mallorca where you can rent a road bike and find a nice bicycle shop.

The name of this shop is Wheels Sport and if you want to now more about them you can visit they web page which is www.wheelssport.tk

Best regards,

Sebastià Perello.
rodman123 said: