Cycling in Phuket

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by coowoowoo, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. coowoowoo

    coowoowoo New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i like personal recommendations.
    cheers ears

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    Lucky ol' you! :) Can't give any advice, other than have great time & how about a RR/holiday snaps, upon your return?

  3. Marty

    Marty Guest

    coowoowoo wrote:
    > Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to
    > thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for
    > cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and
    > would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i
    > like personal recommendations.
    > cheers ears

    I once push started a taxi in Bangkok in a tropical rainstorm in the
    middle of the city with the help of a paperboy (Yes I was a paying
    customer). The road was painted with markings for three lanes but there
    was actually four (in each direction). Stopping at traffic lights was
    optional. I imagine the country areas would be nicer.

    Marty

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "Marty" wrote in message ...

    > I once push started a taxi in Bangkok in a tropical rainstorm in the
    > middle of the city with the help of a paperboy (Yes I was a paying
    > customer).

    Phuk-that!

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. jim

    jim Guest

    Phuket maybe - but rough roads and a generous interpretation of road rules

    PhiPhi and Samui? One pedal and you'd at the other side of the island - not
    worth taking the bike over there

    "coowoowoo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to
    > thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for
    > cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and
    > would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i
    > like personal recommendations.
    > cheers ears
    >

    > --
    > coowoowoo