Cycling in Phuket

coowoowoo

New Member
Apr 27, 2004
Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i like personal recommendations.
cheers ears

coowoowoo said:
Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i like personal recommendations.
cheers ears

Lucky ol' you! :) Can't give any advice, other than have great time & how about a RR/holiday snaps, upon your return?

coowoowoo wrote:
> Anyone been cycling on phuket, phi phi or koh samui? I am off to
> thailand for three weeks and am trying to find out if its good for
> cycling. If anywhere it will be on Phuket. Anyone hired bikes etc and
> would/could recommend a shop/website? I've had a trawl online but i
> like personal recommendations.
> cheers ears

I once push started a taxi in Bangkok in a tropical rainstorm in the
middle of the city with the help of a paperboy (Yes I was a paying
customer). The road was painted with markings for three lanes but there
was actually four (in each direction). Stopping at traffic lights was
optional. I imagine the country areas would be nicer.

Marty

"Marty" wrote in message ...

> I once push started a taxi in Bangkok in a tropical rainstorm in the
> middle of the city with the help of a paperboy (Yes I was a paying
> customer).

Phuk-that!

cheers,
GPL

Phuket maybe - but rough roads and a generous interpretation of road rules

PhiPhi and Samui? One pedal and you'd at the other side of the island - not
worth taking the bike over there

"coowoowoo" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

jim said:
Phuket maybe - but rough roads and a generous interpretation of road rules

PhiPhi and Samui? One pedal and you'd at the other side of the island - not
worth taking the bike over there

Thought as much.. might try my luck at hiring a local junker and wobbling around dodging potholes. The "no helmet" will freak me out.. If the road rules and surface are anything like Vietnam, it should be quite the adventure. I shall see if i can get some snaps on the junker wearing the goofy look of the tourist trying to commute like a local.

Maybe i can try dinking two kids, a granny, a stool and two baskets of chooks as well, just to indulge in the local customs..

Thanks for the feeback.. much appreciated. My daily routine of reading this forum will be broken. Maybe TimC can save up all his signature quotes for me to read when i return. They make great lunchtime reading. Munch munch, scroll scroll hahaha..and repeat... :)