Cycling in the city - problematic :(

Gravijaxin

Oct 30, 2007
I am currently working on a project for my final year of uni (product design) and although i am a casual cyclist (fun!) i know the benefits for the environment and peoples health are fantastic so i want to design a product that meets the needs of cyclists and encourages more people to cycle in our cities.. problems i have noticed.. are theft.. vandalism.. storage availability.. lack of cycling facilities...

i would like to pose a question to people who know a hell of a lot more about cycling than me on what your problems are that you encounter in your daily cycling... perhaps your personal examples of events that make it hard for you to cycle etc?

any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Grant :)

Do hills, cars, and dogs count? How about rain, wind, snow, extreme cold, extreme heat, and hail? And then there are narrow roads, half asleep drivers, road debris causing flats, and other cyclists who are slow but you can't pass them for all the cars passing both of you. I never really had a problem with theft, vandalism, storage availability, or lack of cycling facilities.

It's the cars that bother me. Everything except the "other guy" is manageable.

Cell phone drivers and teens drivers are the worst to worry about while biking in the city. I almost got run over by one!

A teen cell phone driver is the worst!