Cycling in Townsville

HughMann

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
From this weeks "Townsville Bulletin" - Text the Editor

Wed Oct 19.
To the clown in the ute at Annandale roundabout Tue morning who abused me on my pushbike, if u want the 3 seconds of your life back for waiting come and c me you bozo. Ralph. Douglas ( suburb)

Fri Oct 21.
To the ignorant woman in the small silver 4x4, I am doing the right thing riding a bicycle to work. You obviously think that you dont have to slow down for one second, and more than likely feel you are entitled to burn as much fossil fuel as you like because after all you are in a hurry. Furthermore, to all the people of Townsville, page 45 of the Queensland drivers guide entitled giving way states that a vehicle includes a cyclist. So please show some courtesy. Wade., Rwy Est

My week on the roads in Townsville has been hot and sweaty. Only features have been a number of random acts of courtesy and ppl obeying the road rules. Appropriate waves and smiles dispensed. :D

Cheers
Hugh

HughMann <[email protected]>
wrote in news:[email protected]:

> My week on the roads in Townsville has been hot and sweaty.
> Only features have been a number of random acts of
> courtesy and ppl obeying the road rules. Appropriate waves
> and smiles dispensed. :D
>
> Cheers
> Hugh

It's got hot quick hasn't it. Took the week off (except I
only got 3 days of it actually off) to do a few things around
the house. Meant that I could go for a ride a bit later than
normal (usually 05:30).

I don't think I realised that summer was here but after going
for a ride at 13:30 on Wednesday it finally pentrated my
slightly thick skull.

Cheers

Brett