UK and Europe · Public discussion

Cycling into Canary Wharf

Started by Vivian · · Last activity · 3 posts · 646 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
9 May 2004
Last activity
9 May 2004
Original author
Vivian
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
646
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I cycle into CW via Cable Street, cross Butcher Row and then
    go through the little park, over the bridge and onto
    Horseferry Road. I have been noticing that the little gate
    at the entrace of that little park (after you cross Butcher
    Row) has been locked on the cycling lane - the pedestrian
    lane is opened. I don't know if I'm explaining myself right
    here, but basically, one half of the gate is locked with a
    padlock. I couldn't find anything in the Tower Hamlets
    website with information whether this was decided by the
    council or not. Does anybody knows why and who locked it?

    --
    Vivian
    -------
    "We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school".
    No Surrender

  2. Vivian said:


    one half of the gate is locked with a padlock. I couldn't
    find anything in the Tower Hamlets website with
    information whether this was decided by the council or
    not. Does anybody knows why and who locked it?


    No idea. But contact Tower Hamlets Wheelers, who will be
    interested.

  3. Quoted message said:

    I don't know if I'm explaining myself right here, but
    basically, one half of the gate is locked with a padlock.

    I know exactly where you mean because I used to live on the
    Isle of Dogs and have cycled through that little park
    numerous times. Can't help you as to why the gate is closed,
    but if I recall correctly then it's not much of a cycle path
    anyway - quite narrow and the boundary between the two
    halves is not respected by pedestrians, so I would have no
    qualms about using either side of the path/gate. In any
    case, I reckon it's probably nothing more sinister than that
    the person whose responsibility it is to open and close the
    gate just can't be bothered to do it.

    d.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.