Cycling Jerseys with ultraviolet light protection (UPF)?

CAMPYBOB said:
Better check to see that she did not sunburn under her dress. Oh wait. That only happens in Arizona. Where the sun is scientifically more lethal! Studies disprove it!
Yes, I will check the parts "where the sun dont shine" :big-smile:

So that thin, cotton, UV-porous t-shirt I wore outside today is why my chest is still all pasty white while my fore-arms and back of my neck are all nicely tanned?

But that's just an observation which is definitely not a part of the Church of HaterAlien Science. It is, however, step one of the scientific method.

jpr95 said:
So that thin, cotton, UV-porous t-shirt I wore outside today is why my chest is still all pasty white while my fore-arms and back of my neck are all nicely tanned? But that's just an observation which is definitely not a part of the Church of HaterAlien Science.  It is, however, step one of the scientific method.
Exactly where did I claim zero regular clothes provide UV protection? Did you read the linked study or not? HaterAlien science? Feel free to expound on your knowledge of UV transmission through various materials. While you're at it, feel free to expound on the relationship between skin damage from UV exposure and skin cancer. Or maybe you can't respond on point.

"Or maybe you can't respond on point."

Sure we can. You're continuing to do a great job of making an ass of yourself. That's so "on point" you stabbed yourself in the eye.

Dude, we've been at 'High' UV levels for days. And will be. None of us got 'sunburned' thru our clothing yesterday. When the UV alertez level goes to Extreme, we'll all go out and ride and do a 'scientific' test. Peel jerseys and see who be da creepy ass cracker (Tray Tray still be daid!) and who got 'sunburned' thru their jersey.

So remember kiddies, do like yer Uncle Alien sayz...wear you 50 UPF arm 'coolers'! http://www.sugoi.com/usa/arm-cooler.html

"It is, however, step one of the scientific method."

How dare you question da Scientista!!!! Watch out or he'll theorize for hours on sound, the wind, loose spokes, flimsy wheels, heavy bikes and anything else that his pointy little head can conjure up to demonstrate what a mental midget he is. Or more accurately, just 'mental'.

A good ale after 1/3 of all summer clothing fails you and you burn to a crisp under your non-SPF rated, cancer inducing jersey!