Cycling legend has landed in Adelaide for Tour Down Under

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
AdelaideNow said:
CYCLING legend Lance Armstrong's private jet has touched down at Adelaide Airport, just days ahead of the Santos Tour Down Under.

The plane landed about 4.55pm.

The rest of Armstrong's teammates, from Team Radioshack, are due to arrive on a commercial flight tomorrow morning.

Armstrong made his return to professional cycling at last year's Tour, after a three year break.

He's the only rider to have won the gruelling Tour De France race seven times.

AdelaideNow... Cycling legend has landed in Adelaide for Tour Down Under

poulidor said:
Good for global warming that kill much more people than cancer.

Is it supposed to be a contest: global warming vs. cancer? Are they really directly comparable? Is there a point that you're trying to make? Are death tallies your thing? Or was your post just a failed witticism?

Dunno about Cancer, but bloody global warming nearly killed me the other day....44deg in the shade. I couldn't drink the beer fast enough to keep it cold!...someone otta do something...thicker stubbie holders?

Hitchy said:
Dunno about Cancer, but bloody global warming nearly killed me the other day....44deg in the shade. I couldn't drink the beer fast enough to keep it cold!...someone otta do something...thicker stubbie holders?

Very Arizona-like.

Hitchy said:

instead of thicker can holders, you should practise drinking faster. i've been doing six-pack intervals and it's really helped decrease my consumption times.

slovakguy said:
instead of thicker can holders, you should practise drinking faster. i've been doing six-pack intervals and it's really helped decrease my consumption times.
With what bidon size?

poulidor said:
Good for global warming that kill much more people than cancer.

I vote we put Poulidor and Roadhouse in a room together and let them fight in out as to whether Lance doped or not.

Should be fun.

Eldron said:
I vote we put Poulidor and Roadhouse in a room together and let them fight in out as to whether Lance doped or not.

Should be fun.

i've never said he ever has or hasn't and i don't know and i don't care to speculate on it. I wanna believe in the best of the human spirit and that's why I'm a big fan. I won't argue with anyone any more about whether or not he may or may not have doped, it's pointless as none of use were ever around and any and all evidence in each of our own eyes is as circumstantial as we allow it to be.

in other words, he didn't. ;)

Eldron said:

Should be fun.
There is no need to fight, the result is already known since 1999 and his corticoid positiveness and his EPO doping, linked to Dr.Ferrari was known later but guessed when he won DL in 1999! :D

alienator said:
Is it supposed to be a contest: global warming vs. cancer? Are they really directly comparable? Is there a point that you're trying to make? Are death tallies your thing? Or was your post just a failed witticism?
Nobody has to chose just one cause and forget the other, especially if the second is much more dramatic, but of course the second affects at that time just the poorest countries and the first the wealthiest.
Can we ignore the global warming and who is causing it?

roadhouse said:
i've never said he ever has or hasn't and i don't know and i don't care to speculate on it. I wanna believe in the best of the human spirit and that's why I'm a big fan. I won't argue with anyone any more about whether or not he may or may not have doped, it's pointless as none of use were ever around and any and all evidence in each of our own eyes is as circumstantial as we allow it to be.

in other words, he didn't. ;)

I agree with you. Much as Poulidor and co. are convinced that he's guilty and stream loads of "evidence" - the record states 7 clean wins.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty I say.

I'm actually a bit of a closet Lance fan - I used to hate him (only because I'm a huge Jan U fan) but have warmed to him a bit since his return.

His credentials, ability and spirit can not be disputed.

poulidor said:
There is no need to fight, the result is already known since 1999 and his corticoid positiveness and his EPO doping, linked to Dr.Ferrari was known later but guessed when he won DL in 1999! :D

He's guilty? Damn!

Quickly!!!! Send your information to the UCI and have Lance banned!!!

What?

The UCI already know about your information and have chosen not to ban him? Wow I'm shocked.

Oh well I guess it's 7 clean wins huh?

Eldron said:
He's guilty? Damn!

Quickly!!!! Send your information to the UCI and have Lance banned!!!

What?

The UCI already know about your information and have chosen not to ban him? Wow I'm shocked.

Oh well I guess it's 7 clean wins huh?
Maybe because of a $500.000 donation of Lance to UCI.

How could we trust an entity like UCI which has the biggest interest, like other sport federations, to hide doping affairs and to lie about it. We have already a lot evidences of the propaganda of his president.

poulidor said:
Maybe because of a $500.000 donation of Lance to UCI.

How could we trust an entity like UCI which has the biggest interest, like other sport federations, to hide doping affairs and to lie about it. We have already a lot evidences of the propaganda of his president.

The moon landing was faked, the twin towers were blown up by the CIA & FBI, french cyclists ride clean - I've heard all the conspiracy theories. Blah blah blah.

I'll say it again in case you don't read englandish so good - the record states: 7 clean wins.

Dang - I'm starting to sound like a Lanceophile. Someone call me a fanboy. Quickly!