Cycling Literature

Diatad

Jul 16, 2007
Hello,
So ive spent the past few weeks scouring the message boards for training tips but sometimes get lost in technical jargon or dissimilarities between myself and the thread starter. What literature would you recommend for a beginning cyclist? Ive heard the names Carmichael and Friel tossed around, but dont know what books of theirs are good for a starter.

Hi

Greg Lemond's complete cycling book of the 80's is easy to understand and follow. I agree with you that nowadays training advice is almost flooded with technical jargon.

For me is always better to spend time out riding rather than becoming a training scholar !

Good luck :)

youhaditcoming said:
Hi

Greg Lemond's complete cycling book of the 80's is easy to understand and follow. I agree with you that nowadays training advice is almost flooded with technical jargon.

For me is always better to spend time out riding rather than becoming a training scholar !

Good luck :)

thanks for the tip.
cycling is probably better than reading, but i want to learn to maximize my training time on the bike, or im no different from the beach cruisers

ric_stern/RST said:
Get a coach to do the reading for you, and design your training for you,

Ric

im hesitant to get a coach just yet. im still very much a beginner, havent even logged 200 miles of "real" road biking.