Cycling Make Men Infertile?

DCMY

May 4, 2015
Hello cyclists,

I have decided to take up cycling this summer and i got really psyched about the whole idea about it. Buying a bike, riding it in the city, on the mountains and so on. It was all good until I read in a magazine that cycling can make men infertile. According to the magazine, when you cycle pressure is put on an artery and eventually you cause damage to it. That damage later on affects the reproductive system and makes men infertile.

Is this true or is it just another fake research? Are there really serious injuries gotten just because of cycling? Are the some safety concerns that need to be taken into account before buying a bike or riding it?

Do you know why there are more female equastrians than male? I know the answer, but I don't want to give it away. I think you should take a moment and figure it out.

lol, come on jhuskey, we need to have bad luck to fall and become impotent, more likely that we do limp like you say. :lol:

Thank you for the information. I am glad I ditched my old cheap bike with crappy saddle that always hurt my penis. I did not realize that it could have long term effects like impotency because I thought it was my penis that was hurting not my testicles but thinking about it, it was a stupid theory. Even after changing to a more comfortable bike with nice saddle and changing my posture so that my penis is not in a compressed position, there will still be a risk but I am glad that at least it was reduced.

lordrenly said:
Thank you for the information. I am glad I ditched my old cheap bike with crappy saddle that always hurt my penis. I did not realize that it could have long term effects like impotency because I thought it was my penis that was hurting not my testicles but thinking about it, it was a stupid theory. Even after changing to a more comfortable bike with nice saddle and changing my posture so that my penis is not in a compressed position, there will still be a risk but I am glad that at least it was reduced.
Well, I'm glad your penis is feeling better. I don't have a penis's, but if I DID have a penis I wouldn't want it to hurt like your penis did.

Anything in extra hurts. It is because our upper body part putting pressure against the seat uses our private parts as cushion hence affecting their sensitivity to sex.

Buy a big seat, less pressure on that areage. I just bought one and my groin thanks me.

My dad told me a story once of a guy who took part in Tour de france and ended up impotant after because the sadle cut the blood circulation going to his penis :O

jhuskey said:
Cycling can make you impotent. If you fall off your bike and injure your knee it will make you limp.
Thats a good one! very funny! :D

Grimp said:
My dad told me a story once of a guy who took part in Tour de france and ended up impotant after because the sadle cut the blood circulation going to his penis :eek:
That sounds like complete ******** to be honest. People don't 'just know someone who took part in the tour de france' who happen to end up with a 'pathetic ****'. funny none the less man.

I don't know. I have 3 children. I did a lot of cycling before they were born. I think it's a matter of what kind of seat you use. There are always risks with any physical activity but they can be mitigated with some research and a little common sense.

I was told that a bike seats constant pressure on your anus and testicular area has adverse effects on your reproductive capabilities. But don't they say that about smoking pot?

I believe there is a direct correlation between bike seats, ugly people and reproduction. It is difficult for an ugly person to reproduce. Of course heavy treatments with alcohol seem to help.

joshposh said:
I was told that a bike seats constant pressure on your anus and testicular area has adverse effects on your reproductive capabilities. But don't they say that about smoking pot?
If smoking pot puts constant pressure on your anus and testicular area, you are doing it wrong.

Reactions: Jcycle
maydog said:
If smoking pot puts constant pressure on your anus and testicular area, you are doing it wrong.
I think you're reading it wrong. Pot is suppose to kill sperm cells if you smoke it. Not by shoving it up your anus. He didn't say you had to ram it up your ass, he made the connection of people talking about how they both affect reproduction.